Space shooting game - Looking for beta testers!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by touchDev192, Oct 29, 2010.

1. touchDev192

touchDev192 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    Hey everyone!! :D

I've been working on my second game, which is now nearing completionÂ… hopefully before christmas!! So I would like to get a small group of beta testers to give some feedback and look for bugs etc.

Now I just want to say, I've been through this with my first game, and only one of my beta testers gave really good feedback for each build of the game, and that was out of the 5 people that I got. So this time, if you are interested in helping out, then please only do so if you have the time to give good feedback, as if you don't then you will soon be kicked out of the group and replaced! (I don't mean to be harsh, but I don't appreciate people choosing to be a tester just to play the game, and not give any feedback!)

Ok so now about the game:
    At the very basics, its a space shooter, but with a different method of control. Its free-roaming, so you can go where you want, in any direction (up to the level limits) and kill the enemies in whichever order you want to. It will have a number of different upgrades to purchase, and pickups to find and use within the game.
    I'm planning to create 30 levels for the main campaign, as well as adding two more game modes if I can, although at this point, that isn't confirmed. So it still has a couple weeks to go, but i wanted to get started with the testing early so I have enough time for it. It also has other features which will hopefully give it more replay value, but I'll leave that for you to find out if you choose to be a tester.

What I need is people with different models, so hopefully what I want is some of the following:
    Iphone 4g
    Iphone 3G
    ipod touch 4g
    ipod touch 2g

Also different software versions over and including 3.0 would be good too.

Also to those who will be beta testing, any ideas for new weapons or upgrades is always welcome.

It will also use open feint, although this isn't implemented yet, as I'm not sure about the name of the game. Right now its called 'Gravity Shift', but I need to look into that more to make sure I can actually use it!

So now just let me know if you're interested, including the model and software version of your ipod/iphone, and what experience you have beta testing, if any. Also if you've tested other games from developers who are on these forums, then please say so if you can, as that may help! - and please post back here if you don't mind, as its easier to look through than my private messages!

I hope to hear back from anyone soon! I look forward to getting started! :D

2. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    i'm in i have ipt 2.

3. iykagome

iykagome Active Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Full time Student
    Chicago, IL
    #3 iykagome, Oct 29, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
    I have a ipod 4 generation with 4.1 and I have done beta testing for games before so I can help you.

I have beta tested for Com2us; Slice it! and Queen's Crown. I currently beta testing Run Like Hell for Mass Creation. My OpenFeint is iykagome5

4. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

lol i just upgraded to 4.0 today

5. sk47z

sk47z Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    i'm using ipod touch 4g os 4.1

6. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    No need for an iPad user?

7. Drsponge

Drsponge Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Turn Around
    Hi,

I have an Iphone 3gs IOS 4.1 jailbroken. I'm experienced beta tester and tested games such as: Shanghai Mahjong, Sentinel 3, Queens Crown, Save Toshi!, Fluorama, and Dino Dash. I love space games and I promise to help improve this game.

Thanks

8. DeathDeeler92

DeathDeeler92 Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Hey, I have and iTouch 4G with 4.1 if you still need a tester on that platform. I haven't done beta testing but I'm looking to get into it.

9. touchDev192

Jan 28, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    Hi again!
    Yep it would be good to test on an iPad!
    And this is good so far, but I'll be waiting till either sunday evening or monday before i send out messages to those I've chosen, so anyone else who is interested feel free to post!

10. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Ok. If you are interested in an iPad test, 3G 64gigs, let me know.
    Games i am testing now are Etolis, Save Toshi (see thread in TA forum), Dino Rush, Floop (just submitted by the dev), Queen's Crown, Penguin Rampage, Toy Balls, some confidential stuff from game labs, etc.

Cheers

Francesco

11. touchDev192

Jan 28, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    I've sent out pm's to a few people now, but if if theres anyone else who would like to be part of this small group, then just leave a message, as I may or may not need some more people to help test the game. any model or software is ok now, although it would be great to be able to test on some of the lower end models for lag problems!

12. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    ipod touch 4g
    ipod touch 2g

I recently purchased the new ipod touch and stil have the old one.

13. touchDev192

Jan 28, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    ok i've sent you a pm! and if anyone else wants to join, then let me know as spaces may open up later!

14. olaf743

olaf743 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    The Netherlands
    I'd love to be in!

I have an iPod Touch 3rd Gen with IOS 4.1

15. ge0c31t

ge0c31t Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    iPhone 4
    os 4.1
    If there are any spaces left :)

16. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

I would love to be in i already sent you a message earlier stating my qualifications.

17. KoolKing

KoolKing Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Valrico, FL
    If any positions open up, I would be available to test the game on both an iPad (3.2.2) and an iPod touch (latest firmware) 2nd gen. I am currently also beta testing League of Heroes and Skeleton Story for the iPod and Distant Star on the iPad.

Thanks!

18. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    ANY model and software? Count me IN!

19. WontonsiPodHelp

WontonsiPodHelp Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    I have a iPod Touch 2nd gen please let me beta test. :)

20. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Hi I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1 I'd like to help beta test your game. Sounds pretty good so far. Thanks and good luck