Show off apps for the iPad (journalist needs help)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by vansinne, Nov 30, 2010.

1. vansinne

vansinne Active Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Hiya,

I'm working on an article about show off apps for the iPad, and I'm wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. And yes, it's definiately an ironic article I'm writing. The goal is to make fun of the people that buys an expensive gadget without any interest in using it for work, gaming or anything that makes any kind of sense. Their sole purpose of owning one is to look cool when whipping it out in a café. (plenty of sarcasm but at the same time give useful hints about how to easily start discovering all the useful things that are hiding in their new toy).

And, before you start biting my head off, I'm actually a dedicated iOS-gamer myself and do respect the tech, no worries there.

I've got the actual information bit down, about the useful apps. But I would need a few examples of apps that are only for showing off. The kind that a friend can look at for two minutes and think gosh, that is one fine piece of technology. Games off course, but also other kinds. The ones that impress even nongamers.

Any help would be appreciated!

/Fredrik

2. Stirolak26

Stirolak26 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    2xl rally racing, wreckless racing, chaos rings, Knights rts, space station hd, the settlers, call of duty zombies hd.

3. Tarroc

Tarroc Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Well, the obvious ones..... Epic Citadel, Rage HD ;)

and the Star Walk thing, I think...

4. RS200

RS200 Active Member

Sep 22, 2009
    yeah - 2XL Rally Racing sure is a head turner. When I got my iPad it was this which I when showed it to my friends made them realise the iPad is *not* just 4x iPod Touch's strapped together!

.. maybe MyReef 3D Aquarium and Let's Create Pottery if you want to show something a little different? - it was those apps which made my mother-in-law want one!

5. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Well if you can wait a week or so,

Infinity Blade and to a lesser extent World of Goo.

6. vansinne

vansinne Active Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Cheers guys (and possibly gals)

Plenty of great ideas. Now it's just about nailing the irony bit so that my appleloving editor-in-chief doesn't rip me a new one.

Anyhow, thanks, good karma is coming your way.