The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Well, at my friends on Halo 3. I have silenced several of them. Their friends go crazy laughing at them.

2. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    Borderlands is damn fun. An RPGFPS

3. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I didn't like it. The art style and gameplay got on my nerves after a while.

4. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    The art style got on your nerves?! What?! I love those retro-ish colorful graphics.
    And the game's only fun with a friend....find a buddy for some co-op bad-assery.....a ton of fun

5. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    I know you can play with a buddy on the same 360, but can you play with that buddy & be on Live with two others?

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Even on co-op you've seen pretty much everything the game has to offer after about 30 minutes, it's very much rinse & repeat. I liked the art style but it was rather plain in areas, increased detail and being a little more adventurous with the colour palette wouldn't have hurt.

7. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    I'm not going to buy Borderlands, I don't really care for the art style and I am gonna get Rage anyway.

8. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Finally someone that agrees. Some of my friends pulled an all-nighter (well, until 3 am anyways). Biggest waste of time. Go here. Take this guy out. Return. Claim reward. Over and over and over again. Game had potential, too, but hey, others loved it.

9. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I still kind of liked it thanks to the co-op but that was more due to simply chilling out with a friend and having something to shoot rather than the game being great.

10. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Who here has watched the videos on Kotaku of the new Portal 2 features. Don't the new toys look cool.

11. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I watched the demo for it. That game went from hard to straight up impossible. I know the later levels are gonna be straight-up mind benders. As long as there's a song in the end, though, I'm good. Gonna be a wait, though.

12. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    The new bits and bobs look cool, but when it all comes down to it, we're just playing for the credits song :p. But, the game is going to be epicly hard

13. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    I agree with some of it, but there's a lot of stuff you wouldn't see in half an hour of play like vehicles, different classes, fast travel, class mods. Besides, there's a lot of great games you could criticise in the same way. Like Diablo 2.

But anyway, I really like the game. RPG, 'infinite' number of special weapons (it's in the millions, may as well be infinite), cel shaded graphics, arenas where you can have PvP death-matches, and cars. It's pretty straightforward, your on an alien planet looking for a mythical vault said to hold untold riches. If you like dungeon crawlers (there are no dungeons per say, but the gameplay is similar), action RPGs, Diablo 2 or Fallout 3, I'd recommend checking it out.

14. jacksoncombs

jacksoncombs Well-Known Member

i despise borderlands

15. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    You must despise a lot of games... poor you :(

16. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    He doesn't like Dead Rising either... but he did beat me at Worms once so I guess he's okay :p

17. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I loved Dead Rising until I finished it. It was a good experience but are a lot of flaws in that game, so many possible improvements. I'm not sure whether or not they've been included in the sequel yet...

18. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Have you guys tried RISK: Factions? Very very fun.

19. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    I've got it, thought it was a real let down. My mine gripe with the game is that if you 'fast battle', there's no way to cancel your attack. So if you want to attack strategically, you have to sit through all the animations, which can get really really boring in a big game.
    Not to mention the weak campaign, pointless factions, and completely idiotic AI that use the new features (like the dam) on themselves.

For a game that was supposed to "re-inventing" Risk for XBLA, I see no innovation here. There are several board variations of Risk that do a much much better job at that.

The online play is the only saving grace, but there'll always be one guy who watches every single battle animation. And of course a whole horde of people rage quit because they roll a bunch of 1's.

20. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    That demo sold me. Not that I wasn't already sold, but you know what I mean.