Star Thief - Super Mario World meets Fruit Ninja!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Pawl, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pawl

Pawl Active Member

Jun 3, 2013
    #1 Pawl, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
    [​IMG]

Hello TouchArcade! I'm happy to announce Star Thief coming to iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch in June 2013. My name is Paul Ewers and I'm an independent game developer based out of San Francisco, CA and I've been working on this game for quite some time!

I'm excited to get this out there and see what you all think.

World 1: Green Greens
    [​IMG]

World 2: Arctic Frost
    [​IMG]

World 3: Purple Night
    [​IMG]

World 4: Badlands
    [​IMG]

Gameplay Trailer

Brief Overview

Star Thief is a truly original level-based arcade game designed specifically for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.

The core gameplay mechanic is simple - collect all the stars by tapping or swiping on the screen.

However, it becomes more complex as you avoid touching freeze blocks and levels increase speed. Some stars are trapped in cages that can only be opened by dragging and smashing rocks into them. Other stars are locked away inside treasure chests that require keys, and some stars are even hidden within eggs that need to be cracked open or smashed together.

There's a wide variety of game mechanics used to provide enough gameplay for each level to feel unique and challenging.

Star Thief will be available on iOS as a universal app with Game Center integration.

Highlights
    • FREE level pack updates
    • 50 levels
    • 4 unique worlds
    • Beautiful RETINA art
    • Game Center achievements
    • Multi-touch enabled for local co-op play
    • NO in-app purchases
    • NO ads
    • NO annoying push notifications

Thanks for reading! :)

2. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Looking promising. Keep up the good work!

3. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Look very interesting game, when it would come out?

4. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    This ^

5. Pawl

Pawl Active Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Thanks for the kind words all. :)

@_Max_ the game is currently still in review with Apple, but I will update this thread as soon as it's approved with the final release date. I don't have much in the way of marketing capacity since it's just me on the team, so posts like these are all I've really got and I appreciate your support!

On the flip side, once the game is out I'm 100% willing to listen to the community's feedback to make the game as good as possible!

6. Pawl

Pawl Active Member

Jun 3, 2013
    I'm happy to announce that Star Thief has been officially approved by Apple and will be releasing this Friday, June 14th!

If you guys have any questions I would love to answer them. Thanks again for your support!

[​IMG]

7. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Good to hear, any plan for the price?

8. Pawl

Pawl Active Member

Jun 3, 2013
    I totally forgot -- thanks for asking!

Star Thief will be available at launch (this Friday, June 14th) for $2.99. I feel this is a fair price for a universal app with no ads and no in-app purchases. I also plan on releasing level pack updates for free. Rather than nickel and dime players for content, as a gamer, I think it's a better experience to pay once and know you'll be able to enjoy everything the game has to offer without having to pay more.

9. Pawl

Pawl Active Member

Jun 3, 2013
    #9 Pawl, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013