Sherman the Alaskan Cow

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ShermantheAlaskanCow, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 ShermantheAlaskanCow, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: May 22, 2011
    [​IMG]This video is the Game Play Prototype for the upcoming iphone game call Sherman the Alaskan Cow. Sherman the Alaskan Cow is about a cow who escapes a farm and runs off to Alaska where he finds a dead fish and uses it as a weapon!

Sherman the Alaskan Cow is made using UDK Kismet system. However, many of the kismet stuff will be replaced with coding. A few of the arts and music in this video are place holder. New art and music will be added once the game is fully flesh out. We do not claim any rights to the music being used for place holder purposes.

The game play video shows what we have accomplished in 3 weeks. The game play mechanics includes boomerang attack, collecting life jars, and saving animals.

Our team had a lot of fun making this and we look forward to bringing you the best game play experience. Our next game play video will include character animation, fish slap attack, and touch mechanics.

Check out the WIP gameplay trailer below:

Through this thread, we plan on showing the development of the game from its early stages, to its completion. You will be a able to see the development process through this thread. Please help us out by giving us suggestions. Thanks!

Facebook fan site: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sherman-the-Alaskan-Cow/159664977420261#!/pages/Sherman-the-Alaskan-Cow/159664977420261?sk=info
    HTML:

2. only1specialed

Apr 21, 2011
    Looks like a cool little game. for 3 weeks worth of work it isn't so bad. like to see what it will look like in a few weeks

3. Chubbietubs

Chubbietubs New Member

Apr 21, 2011
    WOW! This is SPECTACULAR. It is amazing how you can do this much in three weeks. I really like this because I feel that this game is different from others. It's awesome to see a cow in Alaska fighting robots - Really EPIC. Would love to see more! and Keep up the good work guys.
    :D:D

~ Chubbietubs :p

4. steviebwoy

steviebwoy Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    Something tells me that "Sherman" may have an alter-ego! :D

5. Hey Guys,

just wanted to update on Sherman the Alaskan Cow.

A lot of stuff have changed. The art have been polish. There are new quest characters. And there are new animations. We will upload the video within this week to show you what we have been working on. :)

6. shyguy3

shyguy3 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    #6 shyguy3, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
    I almost didn't bother coming into this thread due to the cheesy title but after watching the video, this looks rather interesting. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

7. Hey everyone!

I want to show you what we have been working on so far.

We added new animation, new characters, new things to do.

If you guys have any idea how to make the robots more responsive through Unreal Kismet, please let us know. That would help us greatly.

Enjoy! :) and we're keep you guys updated as we develop our game.

8. mestour

mestour Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2010
    plz can u change the top-down view to a 3d one like crash bandicoot ?

9. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    looks pretty good so far one personal opinion though lose the fish attack button or at least make it smaller :)

10. We would love too, we love that view, however we are limited with UDK mobile and the iphone. When we tried that view, the fps went down drastically.

We also tested the game on the ipad. With the better processor in the ipad 2. The game is so much smoother and faster. But not everyone have the ipad 2 and some still have the old iphone, therefore we have to make the game for a vast majority of audience.

11. thank you for your feedback. :)

We had a group of people play testing the game. Originally the fish was smaller, and some people fingers couldn't touch it, so we had to scale the fish up.

We'll see what we can do. If you have any more suggestions on how you would like to see the button. Please let us know :)

12. We want to update you guys,

Sherman now has a fish slap mechanic. We will show you guys on our next video update.

13. We will be posting a new video next week. Keep an eye out for it :)

14. nickmarks

nickmarks Active Member

May 18, 2011
    This game looks great!

15. Iljimae

Iljimae Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    I like the cow character, and environment art as well!
    I want to see more updates, cheers :)

16. rosyheisy, what kind of device would you perfer? We will try our best.

In Decemeber, Sherman the Alaskan Cow will be avaliable on the iTunes store for the iphone, ipod, and ipad.

Then we are planning to make it for the PC and possibly the Android. ;)

17. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    December????

18. New Fish Slap Animation! Check it out!

19. Hey guys! We wanted to share a contest with you, in case you're intrested :)

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Must admit it looks good. But any more fake posts from the likes of Chubbietubs and i'm giving this game a wide berth. Devs/friends of devs have to realise that these fake posts do a game more harm than good.

The second a 1 poster arrives saying 'AMAZING GAME' i dont buy it