Someone should port Box Head to the iDevice!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sn0wned, Jun 14, 2009.

1. sn0wned

sn0wned Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    In case you do not know what Box Head is, it's a very cool game where you try and stay alive as long as possible, and get as many points as possible by shooting zombies. There's usually eight maps to choose from in this flash game (in 3.0 OS, the developer can always make more maps and sell em' maybe?) and they're all great. Making the controls can be easy to make. Just look at the screen below that I made:

[​IMG]

How to Play...
    [Arrow Keys]: Move
    [FIRE]: Shoot
    [Slide finger on top-right]: Select different weapons (8 in total)
    [tap button on top-left]: Pause menu

I would definitely buy something like this if someone decides to make it! Any thoughts would be welcome. Oh and in case you want to play this game on your PC (it's a flash game after all), just Google in "Box Head" and click one of the top searches (i.e gamefudge, etc).

2. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Looks Good! :cool: Boy, I'd buy it instantly if it had DLC for new weapons! :p :D I'm a sucker for awesome weapons! :p Sure! I'd take a port! :D

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Just because someone should doesn't mean someone will. In other words, another useless thread.

4. sn0wned

sn0wned Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Maybe I came off forceful -- but I was only "suggesting" to anyone who would like to create such a great game to the iDevice. I don't see why you feel this is pointless. Ideas are always welcome to developers searching these forums ya' know. At least, that's what I thought.

5. sfpsp

sfpsp Member

May 24, 2009
    Boxhead has resemblance to Minigore. I would love to see a port though (wasted too many hours on the flash game).

6. illucius

illucius Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to minigore because it looks like boxhead to me. I remember logging lots of hours on boxhead in the computer lab at school. I would love to see a port.

7. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

they have
    its called boxhead zombie wars-or something like that

8. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    Yeah I have it. Pretty good for .99...

9. Bok Choy

Bok Choy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Student
    Yeah, I have it as well. The controls aren't as smooth and the game overall isn't as fun as the computer version, but it's still a decent buy for .99!

10. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    Yeah, I have gotten 99 cents of joy out of it; however, it did crash on me today after playing 8 levels...anyone else experience crashing?

11. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    No because I can't even get to level 8.....lol. Is there a strategy to kill the red/demon boxheads or anything? Just feels kinda clunky and not very well done trying to kill things

12. Thorbjorn

Thorbjorn Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I was going to say... This game has been out, bro. read about it days ago before it came out. On TA, too most likely, haha. Search engines are awesome, look into it:)

13. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

In case you haven't noticed, the thread dates in mid-June. Why did you dig up an old thread for the purpose of pointing out that something is out? o_O

14. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    the red devil just takes a lot of damage, you can kill him by spamming him with the pistol or shotgun...it's very helpful if you pick up autofire for either of these weapons...just be sure to keep moving so he doesn't get you with his breath weapon

...if you see him rock back, he's taking damage so lay into him, also laying down barrels or barricades really helped as it slowed him down too

...one strategy tip I suggest is to kill everyone but one zombie on a level and while they slowly chase you around, take this time to lay down your traps, when you're ready, then kill the last guy to trigger the start of the next round