Universal Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (by Rockstar)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NeppyFX, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Bathplug

Bathplug Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    #121 Bathplug, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    Just launched the game and I seem to have a keyboard glitch. Its appeared on the screen and I can't remove it. I've tried restarting the app and turning off my ipad.

Edit: glitch seemed to have fixed itself.

Also michael jacksons billie jean wasn't the first song to play so I assume they removed his tracks from the game? I guess they couldn't resolve that recent issue with the music licencing.

2. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    Was his song one of the first to play in the original title? I figured the radio stations kind of have a random order.. Soundtrack is definitely a concern for this game - I spent so much simply cruising and ramping stairs while listening to 80's pop/metal.

3. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    What do they mean all iPad models?

Including the iPad 1? because GTA III sucked on the ipad 1.

4. BruteOutlawz

BruteOutlawz Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Amazing game :D Running like the pc version, super smooth. Even looks like the pc version. Really impressed with it.

Controls for shooting have been tweaked, now you can tap the person to lock on and i think there are other options, haven't messed around with it yet. The run/jump is now one button which works well.

Also the cam movement is a lot better. You had to drag from the center of the screen on gta 3, Now it works from anywhere like a ios fps.

I'll post some screenshots in a bit

5. Bathplug

Oct 13, 2010
    Yes I'm fairly certain it was the first track played on flash fm.

Also they added tap to shoot and first person auto aim on or off options.

6. dudeguypal

dudeguypal Member

Nov 2, 2012

Are there cheats?

7. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    As in, completely free aiming, fps style? (This is the one thing I kept hoping Gameloft would throw into their GTA clones, and felt the previous GTA lacked.)

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    YES!!!! Thanks for letting us know

9. Bathplug

Oct 13, 2010
    #129 Bathplug, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    I actually can't tell what it does. Its on by default and I think turning it off stops you automatically shooting the closest person to you.

10. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    No problems here (iPad4) been playing for just over an hour and I'm loving it. I'm back in vice city baby :D:D:D
    Time to dig out my vice city soundtrack box set and put it on my iPod for when I'm out and not playing on iPad.

11. megasuperb

megasuperb Member

Aug 29, 2010
    Can anyone confirm if they've heard any Michael Jackson songs in the game yet?

Please :(

12. Bathplug

Oct 13, 2010
    Not heard any yet. Billie jean was on flash fm & wanna be startin somethin was on fever 105.

13. tarek

tarek Active Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Can someone quickly explain the auto targeting feature?
    Also, it's been asked previously but how difficult is the game? Both in general and by virtue of being on a touch screen?
    If the game's difficulty can be adjusted or whether you are faced with increasing difficulties as you progress through the games story line. Frankly, I don't want to replay missions over and over and over due to difficulty since I find I'm not a very good gamer on my iPad (hence why I love RPGs and found mass effect infiltrator a little too hard for me).

Any replies would be good.
    Cheers guys.

14. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Can you mix your custom playlist with the games? Heck, if songs ate missing I know I have them and can just mix them in if that is the case! Besides there at so many other great ones from my younger years to the throw in as well! Now to not feel old after saying that...

15. dudeguypal

dudeguypal Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Can someone check if cheats are in it please?

16. Sigh, still haven't finished gta 3 or chinatown, so I won't be joining you all as early adopters. But I found gta 3 a lot of fun, finished about half, guess I gotta go back and finish it so I can start playing chinatown, and eventually this one. Enjoy!

17. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Chuck the other two and get this one... you won't regret it...

Join us... join us... join us... [say this part in a creepy voice]

DBC

18. theLorax

theLorax Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Just bought and redeemed my $15 iTunes card. I'm buying this so hard. And Modern Combat 4, and Skygamblers.

19. kitrobo

kitrobo Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Manhattan
    damn why can't they release San Andreas too? Have to wait a year for that one..

20. jeanreno

jeanreno Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Brisbane, Australia
    It's depressing how true this is :(