Universal Shardlands (by Breach Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by seventh, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Rrraimo

Rrraimo Active Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Managing Director & Co-Founder at Breach Entertain
    Tampere, Finland
    $1.99 and 95 MB

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's 136 mb installed.

3. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wow. I am greatly impressed by this one. The controls are pixel perfect. Well... Square perfect to be exact, and i am playing on the 4S right now. Never have I missed a square i want to move into, and my swipes have been registering flawlessly. Graphics are great, and remins me a bit of Polara for the character, and a bit of God of Blades for the backgrounds, bot of which are runners as opposed to this stealth puzzler.

Think classic Pac-man with a bit more style and great atmosphere. Definitely something i'd spend time on. Only thing im scared of is that the game might run out of mechanics rather than the basic ones from the first 2 stages i've played. Will play more and give more specifics when i get deeper into the game.

4. penguinspl

penguinspl Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Cant wait 2 more hours in UK :)

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    So impressed with this. I was lucky enough to nab the first code offered on Twitter a whopping 6 hours ago (thanks again :)) and only got to try the game right now, but man, I don't know what it is....whether it's the music, the soothing visuals or just how responsive the game is (or maybe a combination of them all)...it just feels good to play, you know? Like...it tickles my senses in the best way possible.

Off to play some more...sorry guys. :p

Oh, and of course...no IAPs. ;)

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Looks pretty sweet and still supports the 3GS! Bring on 11 EST!

7. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Awesome game!

8. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    You suck.:p I'm kidding, I'm kidding!:D

Oh my, does this look good...

DBC

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just about to buy but want to check on controls as someone mentioned swipe which I can't stand!

I thought it was just 'touch' to move to a square? When do you swipe?

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You don't swipe. Don't know what EP was on about. :p

11. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Casket seal of approval? :D

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #32 awp69, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
    Played the first three levels and so far it's fantastic. The graphics and lighting are equal to games like Gene Effect, which set a pretty high bar for me (at least as far as games playable on my 3GS). And the music complements the atmosphere. Speaking of which, even with the graphical quality, it runs great on my device.

Seems like each level introduces something new so I'm not concerned with repetitive gameplay. Right now I'm looking forward to seeing how it continues to progress. Touch controls also work great.

Amazing to see what a dev can do in such a small file size.

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Gotta be a "yes". Even though the game did "tickle my senses" at first, I thought it was going to end up being more of a experience rather than a game...in that it's not too hard, has some light puzzle aspects and goes by smoothly. 5 levels in, I think I've been proven wrong. The level's called "Slide" and utilizes that mechanic from sliding block games (which I'm terrible at :p) in order to reposition platforms to get across and I've been at it for a good 20 mins, somehow hesitant to restart the level even though it was easy prior to that point.

If I'm only 5 levels in, I can see the difficulty ramping up quite awesomely, and I'm not sure how long this will be the case, but it seems like every level is in a new (gorgeous) area.

It's an easy recommendation.

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Can't help but feel like maybe if this came out along with the "NZ" releases in a few hours, it'd be getting more attention...certainly deserves it. :/

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    For swipes I meant touch and drag to move platforms. Sorry if that created any confusion.

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh crap...you know, it never really crossed my mind that you actually do that. :p Yeah, there's quite a bit of "swiping" to move stuff around, but you never swipe to move...that would've honestly been horrendous.

BUY.DIS.GAEM.NAO

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    ^Thanks for clearing that up, yeah sounds like it plays really well. Just bought it and i'll have a proper go later.

The graphics look great though

18. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    I had already forgotten about this after having seen screenshots maybe six months ago. Surprise hit! Four levels in, and I really like what I have seen so far. As mentioned before, an easy recommendation: perfect controls, gorgeous visuals, cool synth soundtrack, puzzles with lasers!

19. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Thanks Casket! Will decide tomorrow, got to see what's coming out. Thanks again!

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This game is so much better than most top tens on our GotW lists over the year, I suggest getting it nao. :)