Universal Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Capy_Nathan, Mar 23, 2011.

1. ErikTheRed

ErikTheRed Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
  2. Sceneshifter

Sceneshifter Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Small question

First of all, I enjoy the game, nice game, a little too much backtracking but really nice and the closest experience to enjoying NES games when I was a kid :)

I have one small question, which I'd like to clarify with you. The game is arguably very short, is there any clue whether this game will receive any updates to prolong it or make it more interesting as time goes by, or is this it?

Just wondering, as that would be awesome.

3. ErikTheRed

Nov 4, 2010
    #343 ErikTheRed, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
    We have heard that the devs will be supporting the game for some months to come, but I wouldn't presume that will include large scale content updates (although that would be cool). I'm guessing that some small in game touches will pop up now and again in future updates. I'm also betting they gathered enough feedback from the iPad release to tweak up the iPhone version, which will probably be released as a universal app later this month.

4. ErikTheRed

Nov 4, 2010
    #344 ErikTheRed, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
    Rejoice!

http://www.superbrothers.ca/teletex026.html

S:S&S EP - April 21st for iPhone and universal version for iPad!

If you own the iPad version, it will now be a universal app that will work miracles on your iPhone to boot! Sweet!

Also super cool news - Sounds like a second pressing of the vinyl LP is in the works with a new limited print. Awesome!

Excellent news for all today! :)

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I like the part where they call the iPhone version the definitive one ;)

Kinda makes up for the wait I suppose.

6. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Damn it. Its world of goo iPhone thread all over again :p

7. gatizo

gatizo Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    I stopped reading this thread when the spoilers began to appear but since I finished the game tonight (after stretching it out for as long as I possibly could!) I just had to pop in to say that it left me speechless.

This is what I imagined a game should be all those years ago when I started playing on my C=64! The length is irrelevant, it is the experience, the way that the world and the story and the sound all suck you in to their alternate reality, the way you live and breathe as the Scythian, the way you are relentlessly driven on on your quest as it takes over your character's and your own life, the experience is second to none.

It is criminal that we are able to enjoy such a work of art, for that is what the game is, for just a few bucks. All I can say is thank you, devs.

8. Foehammer117

Foehammer117 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Able seaman
    Sweden
  9. Capy_Nathan

Capy_Nathan Well-Known Member

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP is now Universal.

Have the iPad version? Those pixels there will now work on your other iOS devices :)

10. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Err... Is S:S&S supposed to have retina graphics? I have the universal app, am running it on my iPod Touch, and it doesn't appear to be retina. Is this a bug? If it isn't, I'm really disappointed...

11. DARTHeeek

DARTHeeek Member

Mar 23, 2011
    So awesome this game. I love it.

12. RodmanSan

RodmanSan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Project Management Architect
    E-Troid, the Netherlands
    Stop spamming the forum.... :mad:

13. Esner

Esner Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Luna

Luna

Attached Files:

• Luna.jpg
      Luna.jpg
      File size:
      169.9 KB
      Views:
  14. Capy_Nathan

Quick note: Sworcery was updated for OS5, and now utilizes the new single sign-in for twitter.

Also, we found the pesky bug that was causing issues with the retina display - the pixels that define our game should now be crisper than ever.

The update also fixes a couple super-rare bugs, just in case.

ENJOY!

15. fallen-angle

fallen-angle Member

Oct 13, 2011
    #355 fallen-angle, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
    Oh, this game, the pixel art is just...so good. So simple, but so detailed. Just a visual feast, thank you.

On another note, is there any good resource to find some tips without risking massive spoilers?

16. Capy_Nathan

17. MKplayer1start

MKplayer1start Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Drywall & Drywall Taping
    Toronto
    Touch Arcade game of the year. I'm probably the only one that never played this game. I never noticed it but downloaded it just now and played through the first Session and obviously I'm loving the game.

Nice to see the developers are local Toronto guys. That's pretty cool

18. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Nope I bought when it came out and haven't played it yet lol. Listened to the music tho which is awesome. So gonna try to find some time for this

19. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    How long is the storyline?

20. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I know this is cliche, and probably arrogant, but this is NOT a game to be purchased for its length, and if you are using that as a consideration, I'm not sure if this is the right game for you. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, that's not my intention.

This isn't a terribly long story. If you love it, it will have a great amount of replay value. I know for me it's something I cherish and "collect" if you will. Knowing its on my device gives me warm and fuzzy feelings.

Have you played any point and click adventure games before? Monkey island/tales/back to the future, etc?

If the game was only a few hours, would that be an issue if the game was beyond stellar in its quality?

Ugh. I sound so obtuse, I know. This is just a game that can't be picked up because of its length. It's the kind of game you just buy and play... No, experience.