Get ready for bloody Hell coming to iPhone on Aug 10-Launch promotion unveiled

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by softmines, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. softmines

softmines Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    CEO Softmines
    Hello Everyone,

We are pleased to announce that our first action game 'Bloody Hell' will be available on App Store from August 10. Below is the trailer for the game. We hope you all like it.

Game Description:
    Your iPhone is not an innocent device but a device to take revenge, spill blood, smash heads, rip bodies and create the ultimate bloody hell. It's not about surviving but making other's survival impossible.
    Bloody hell is a fast paced, blood thirsty action game that will keep you addicted at all times. So lock and load your ammo and start killing.

Features:-
    1) Fast-paced Action
    2) 7 Different main characters and other surprise characters
    3) 2 Different types of guns
    4) Bombs and nuclear explosions
    5) Simple & attractive graphics
    6) Good Sound effects
    7) Easy-to-use controls
    8) Three different environments
    9) Openfeint Connectivity
    10) Cocos Live integration

Screenshots :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

App Icon:

[​IMG]

Launch Promotion:
    To celebrate the launch of the game Bloody Hell, we are also announcing a 'launch day promotion' along with two contests.

We plan to give a $10 iTunes Gift Certificate to every customer who buys Bloody Hell on the launch day. For participants to qualify, they must fulfill the following conditions:
    1) Write a review about the game on iTunes app store on launch day
    2) Like Softmines Facebook page and post the following on their own wall:
    "I stand a chance to receive a $10 iTunes Gift card by buying the amazing action game Bloody Hell for iPhone @softmines for $0.99."
    or
    3) Follow Softmines on Twitter and re-tweet the following post to their followers: "Follow & RT @softmines to receive a $10 iTunes Gift card by buying Bloody Hell for #iphone for $0.99. Full details http://bit.ly/aCc9I9."
    4) Email us at [email protected] with the following details:
    -Facebook ID/URL or Twitter ID/URL (whichever step is completed)
    -iTunes nickname (the one used to write the review)

In addition, Softmines will give away one iPod Touch ($199 value) to the player with the highest score and a second device to the most helpful review visible on the App Store. This contest will begin on August 10 and end on August 31.

Both the launch promotion and the contest are open to U.S residents only. For full details click here.

Promocode Giveaway:
    As this is unanimously the best forum for iPhone games, we hold huge respect for the gamers community here. Hence, to show how much we value their opinion, we will be giving away 20 Promo-codes to 20 lucky winners who post on this thread about their first impressions of the game and its video trailer. Now the best part is, we will be distributing the codes one day before the launch date so as to give gamers here a chance to grab the game before everyone else.

Thank you

2. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    Awesome! contains all of my favourite things! Extreme violence, toilet humour, and nameless/faceless people being mown down in a bloody rampage!:)

The trailer is really cool, great sound effects and music. Hope you have great sucess in the app store, this looks really fun!:)

3. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    2 Questions:

1. If we do follow each and every one of the steps above for the first contest are we GUARANTEED the $10 iTunes Gift Card? In other words, is everyone who follows those steps exactly to the letter going to receive the card?

2. Are the people who receive promo codes from you eligible for the $10 iTunes Gift Card as well?

As for my initial impressions after watching the video, I love the premise and story of the game shown in the opening cinematic. The app icon looks great, and the features sound fairly interesting. The variation in character is nice as well.

I would suggest more than just 2 types of guns, either added to the initial release or released in updates, as the repetitiveness tends to really build up after a while.

4. bebo_beta2002

bebo_beta2002 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    lol nice game can't wait for the 10th :D

5. duffmankool

duffmankool Member

May 16, 2010
    Stock/shipment for an expensive clothing company
    San Antonio, Tx
    Loving the whole art style and digging the user interface and controls, everyone could stand to play this game, I will let everyone I know to check out "bloody hell"

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm thinking Apple are gonna hammer down on the blood spurts and label this a torture simulation. They made iDrop Dead remove the blood (and replace it with flowers) too.

7. ChocoVanilla

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    Lol...that was fun...they were very pretty flowers :p

8. softmines

Jun 16, 2010
    CEO Softmines
    Thank you for your nice comments :). Regarding your questions i will answer them in the order asked:
    1) This is the whole point. The promotion is meant to reward everyone who spends his/her time playing our game on the first day (of course first buying it) and reviewing it on the same day along with completing other steps.

2) Definitely, as i said earlier, the promo-code giveaway is for this forum members only so they are automatically eligible for the promotion as well with or without the promo code. I guess here is chance for a few lucky people to get a game and receive a $10 iTunes gift card all for free.

Regarding adding few more guns, please continue giving us more suggestions for next versions. We are already working on its first major update and are intending to keep updating it based on user feedback.

9. softmines

Jun 16, 2010
    CEO Softmines
    Such comments really keeps us giving our best effort to deliver you all a good product.:)

10. softmines

Jun 16, 2010
    CEO Softmines
    Thank you very much.:)

11. softmines

Jun 16, 2010
    CEO Softmines
    This is why a community is like a family, people helping other people even though they barely know each other. :)

Sorry guys if i sound too sentimental.

12. Prophecy07

Prophecy07 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Ah, we love you too. I'm just confused as to how this can be a viable marketing strategy.

13. Andrey1610

Andrey1610 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Great game! I wanna play it:) Nice graphics, music. Ofenfeint integration my favorite feature, because i like achievements and world leaderboards.
    Softmines, i followed you in twitter :)

14. softmines

Jun 16, 2010
    CEO Softmines
    This promotion is meant to establish long term relationship with our users and to promote our brand. It is not meant for a single product success only.

15. Prophecy07

Prophecy07 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Fair enough. Do you guys have any other games out there, or is this first one? Care to give us any hints about what's coming in the future?

16. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    This looks like a lot of fun. Trailer is jam packed full of awesome. Kudos to you for releasing a lite too.

17. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yeah! This game looks awesome! Love the blood spurting mindless mahem! My kind of game indeed! Needs more types of weapons, though. Sound effects are spot on-would like more types of victims to kill as well. Definitely want this game even though I won't be eligible for the gift card because I don't facebook or tweet. Will give a review after playing, however! Thanks! Also, do you have any other games out, or is this your first one?

18. ChocoVanilla

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    Thanks for answering my questions, and it's really great to see a developer who is committed to the game and is willing to listen to user suggestions and make his/her game better.

19. softmines

Jun 16, 2010
    CEO Softmines
    We have currently two more games in queue, one near completion that we are thinking of beta testing with the help of testers here and the other is in a nascent stage so will take time to materialize. You can get a glimpse of these on our website (people who don't like the design of our website don't despair, we will be upgrading it shortly)

20. softmines

Jun 16, 2010
    CEO Softmines
    #20 softmines, Aug 7, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
    Today is your lucky day. The fact that you like this type of games makes you our esteemed potential customer, and as we are in a good mood you will be exempted from the social networking steps of promotion. Just drop us an email after you have written your review mentioning your iTunes nickname and quoting your post from this thread, we will send you a $10 gift certificate. In future, if you decide to start using Facebook & twitter just don't forget to like our Fb and twitter page.
    No, we don't have other games ( apart from a free game that we published for our friend-not available on app store now) as of now but will be coming out with a few more in near future.