Issue with Star Hogs Multiplayer

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TheRoyalJester, Jul 24, 2009.

1. TheRoyalJester

Jul 14, 2009
    #1 TheRoyalJester, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
    It seems that everytime I try to play a match against someone my connection drops and then I get disconnected. I've tried deleting then reinstalling (same thing happens) What I find weird is my first gen ipod touch works online but my 2nd gen won't. Has anybody experienced this issue or is it just me? And what should I do or try?

Oh Also I'm sorry if this is the wrong category Feel free to move it where it belongs. I'm just stumped

2. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    So it works on your 1st gen ipod but not your 2nd gen ipod?

That indeed sounds weird. Are you playing using the same Wifi router? If i were you, i would try playing other realtime online games like dinosmash with the 2nd gen ipod just to make sure it isn't the hardware. I use an iphone 3G, play this a lot on 3G and haven't have a disconnection at all.

3. TheRoyalJester

Jul 14, 2009
    Well I also have Dino Smash and my 2nd gen plays that fine. So like i said I'm so stumped. And Yeah i do use the same wireless router. Also thanx for the quick response :)

4. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #4 ChaosProdigy, Jul 24, 2009
    Any bugs or problems post it in Tech Support at http://cloud.iugome.com/forums/
    (IUGO tech support usually answers same day, if not sooner)

i had almost the same issue the other day an tracked it back to my own wifi...

Also check that your area has a stable signal and you could also disablethe check mail every 15 minites option (put manual) like i do when playing online

5. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    i'm just happening to be reading threads here :)

Well, you should bring it up with the dev. From what i experienced and what everyone else who played it, starhogs' online multiplayer is just impeccable. There's an iugo rep somewhere here, do a search, there should be a link or url in his sig IIRC. I don't remember their url, there should be a place for you to post feedback to them. Anyone knows how?

EDIT: chaos, you are fast aren't you.

6. TheRoyalJester

Jul 14, 2009
    Well thank you all for your help I'm going to the tech support page now. Hopefully I'll get an answer soon :)

7. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    do they have different OS versions?

8. TheRoyalJester

Jul 14, 2009
    Nope they both have OS 3.0 I wrote iugo tech support so hopefully they can help me out. If not then i'll just have to play on my 1st gen. I just find it weird that my 2nd gen is having these issues Lol

9. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    I have the same problem with my second generation iPod Touch. It currently runs OS 2.2.1 though.

10. TheRoyalJester

Jul 14, 2009
    Well that sux but i kinda feel a little bit better now knowing i'm not the only one with this problem. I wonder why its doing this tho? If i figure this out I will let you know how to fix it.

11. Elektron

Elektron New Member

Jul 7, 2009
    #11 Elektron, Jul 24, 2009
    The touch has a habit of aggressively shutting off its wifi to save battery life no matter what you're currently doing, unless it's plugged in. I'm not sure if there's a way to stop it from doing so, or if the 2nd gen does it differently than the 1st gen. When I play Star Hogs or other games online with my 2nd gen I always plug it in and I don't get any disconnections.