Galactic Keep by Gilded Skull Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gildedskull, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    In!

I was in for $10 and am now in for $25. Lets keep this one alive, folks!

2. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    So now that its kickstarter campaign failed, what's next for Galactic Keep? It would be a shame if this wouldn't happen at some point. I mean the earlier the better.

3. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

Onward!

In short: we're continuing development. We think that this game is worth it, even if it means that we're going to have to make some rather large personal and financial sacrifices.

Over the past weeks we have considered several other options, games, business directions...but we decided that we're going to continue to focus all of our time on Galactic Keep and we're going to make it the best possible game that we can make. We're putting all our eggs into one big intergalactic basket...

It's an awesome game that we've been working on for a very long time. We can't stop now.

4. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I can't imagine how that's going to suck for you guys in the short term, but I'm glad to hear it. I really hope this winds up being a big success for you all.

5. Slaysme

Slaysme Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I understand the safety net of kickstarter is needed for the masses, as long as larger donations, but you should make some sort of pre order package anyhow,I'll give you 5$ up front. I'm sure someone else would as well, espically if there was a nice consolation prize if the world moves on faster than the game is done. Just an idea. I've been waiting a long time now, officially.

6. gildedskull

The upside is that Kickstarter helped us to get the word out, many more people know about the game now than two months ago. We got a lot of feedback on the game too, a few really great comments. I met some pretty amazing people through running the Kickstarter, some contacts may turn into new adventures.

We opened our minds to expanding the game to other platforms. For now we're focusing on the iOS release 100%...but after doing the legwork, we know what it will take to develop the game into a PC title and we're now ready to go to other platforms too.

About a pre-order: That's a good idea. We'd have to figure out a fair framework. In my opinion, Desktop Dungeons has done a pretty great job with their pre-order system. The ability to play the game as they develop it is nice...harder to do with iOS.

For now tho, we're going to focus on designing/writing/drawing/coding the game!

7. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Me too. And $5 up front is fine. In fact, Kickstarter again I'm in for $25.

8. Fieryseraph

Fieryseraph Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Are you guys giving any rough release dates? Also, will this be multiplayer?

And I've been looking forward to this game since '09, it's always intrigued me. I'm excited for it to be released, and I'll be a sad panda if you guys don't do well with it.

9. venasque

venasque Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I'm sorry to hear your kickstarter didn't work out. I remember being interested in the game way back and actually thought it had died. Glad to see that isn't the case.

Hopefully you have a successful launch and all the hard work will be worth while.

PS: I liked the video on the previous page.

10. gildedskull

dates

We need to get some form of Galactic Keep launched by late spring early summer. We're aiming to complete the core game and then update with other large features (like multiplayer) over time.

The fun part of playing a tabletop RPG is multiplayer, working together. We think this is a necessary feature that will be part of the game...but we're working toward the launch of a great single player experience first.

11. JTDTampa

JTDTampa New Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Any news on where the game is at now?

12. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I thought Galactic Keep's Kickstarter failed. You mean it is still on track for development and release? That would be awesome as that Youtube video looked fun...

13. JTDTampa

JTDTampa New Member

Mar 17, 2013
    I guess I was just under the impression that because the Kickstarter failed it would just take longer to release. It's too good of a game to scrap.

14. gildedskull

update

Yep, we're still at it. Galactic Keep is our focus. Most of the base code is complete and we're currently widening out the game, adding a feature at a time and cleaning up what's been built already.

Battles are becoming rather complicated (behind the scenes) and we're working through combinations of all the possible types of weapons, specials and critical hits/failures, testing and making sure all scenarios are covered. Like:

"If this weapon is used after this special attack, the enemy is bleeding (losing 3 health per turn), there will be temporal damage to the enemy in 2 turns. The enemy attacks and gets a critical hit that disables your weapon and you switch to a different temporal weapon that hit's in 8 turns. What's the total hit damage next turn and the turn after that?"

(From the player side, all you'll see is 'Enemy hit for 28 damage.')

Anyway, the game is progressing. Soon, we should be able to show off some combat footage featuring battle choices: healing, blocking, switching weapons mid-battle, all that good stuff! Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

15. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Excellent news. :)

Waiting...

16. Kedens

Kedens Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Graphic Design/Illustration
    Rochester, NY
    So glad this is progressing nicely.. I was so bummed that we didn't garner enough support to get the kickstarter over the hump... anyhow keep us posted! this is one of my top 5 most anticipated games this year!

17. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Looking forward to more about Galatic Keep; kudos to the developers for their "nothing can stop us" attitude through the long development process.

18. gildedskull

#478 gildedskull, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
    First Listen

A background, ambient sound experiment:

https://soundcloud.com/rhaglensheld/endles-expanse-further

Imagine yourself landing onto an abandoned starbase. You exit your craft and walk out into the darkness down a corridor, through an airlock and you can see an entrance ahead but there's a growing shadow...

19. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    That would be seriously creepy in a darkened room. Nice.

20. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Nice... though I thought I detected just a bit of humpback whale in there somewhere :)