Finally: Nintendo going (kinda) Mobile

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Sanuku, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#1 Sanuku, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
    Source:

UPDATE: Fake.
    http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/28/5353738/nintendo-no-plans-for-smartphone-games

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
  3. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    It's a start, hopefully for good things to happen in the far future.

4. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    This is a great news!

I'm just wondering about their pricetag.

5. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

It's been said for a while now. They've talked about doing "demos" that should act as ads for their main consoles since november/december 2013.
    We'll find out more about these plans on thursday I guess.

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    It said free demos

7. Demos? What? We already got enough freemium junk.

8. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    An app to watch videos of Nintendo games? A free demo that acts like an ad for their WiiU and 3DS games? That didn't lift any excitement for me. Seems like a very lame, 'oldfashioned' way to market their stuff.

It's really easy for Nintendo. I'm not saying to make a full-fledge Mario or Zelda game on iOS, because that would take a lot of effort and would most definitely damage their hardware sales. Instead, why doesn't Nintendo release their "Virtual Console" emulator on iOS? It would add an INSANE amount of sales, it would stop a lot of illegal ROM downloads, and it won't hurt Wii U or 3DS sales because no one buys their consoles only to play SNES and GBA games, plus it would enhance their brand image.

It shouldn't have trouble getting approved on the App Store, since it'll be official from Nintendo and all games can be sold through IAPs, just like Atari's Greatest Hits and Namco Arcade.

Nintendo, you have a chance of a lifetime to make things RIGHT.

9. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Sounds like you will get one dungeon to play in Zelda or one level of Super Mario World. This may have an opposite effect and just frustrate iOS gamers even more when they see it can work on a touch screen.

10. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    I would probably stay away from the demos, as much as I love Nintendo.
    It'd be frustrating as hell falling in love with a game, only to be #blocked by the inability to move forward. It'd be highly frustrating.
    I can't bring myself to pay $50+ for a game again, after having the luxury of $1 games for all these years. I still have my DS and occasionally play..
    I think the only way I'd consider 3DS is if the lowered the price of the games in their online store, so it competes with mobile gaming prices.

11. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Many apps for YouTube are available on smartphones right now if any would be customers are looking for demo gameplay of Nintendo games.

Solid work Nintendo.