Icon Pack - With images, shadow effects, gloss effects, frames and ribbons!

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by MarkOnTheIron, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Hi,

I just finished this icon pack to help everybody that have problems building their app icon.

[​IMG]

Available at 14.99$ on http://www.markontheiron.com/Marketplace.html

Here's what you will find in this Icon Pack:

• Gloss/Glow - 14 images to add a gloss or a glow effect to your icon

• Shadows - 14 images to add shading effect to your icon

• Misc - 72 images to act as background for your icons. Please notice that the 3 icons in the "Apps" folder may lead to a rejection from the Apple App Review team because they are based on 3 of their iOS icons. Also please notice that the images contained in the "Contrade" folder are based on the flags of an Italian city, Siena. These are a symbol of pride for them, so please try to have a little respect and don't use it with humiliating images.

• Borders - 38 frames images for your icons. Each come in 3 sizes: 20, 40 and 60 pixels wide.

• Ribbons - 11 ribbons and 3 little extras.

• Icons.psd - A big photoshop file with all the above images nicely put together.

• iPhone Icon Actions - This is a set of 6 Photoshop actions to help with various task:
    -Create Icon From Big PSD File: After you've created your icon in the big psd file in the square inside the guides, play this action to create your 512x512 icon.
    -Cornered Icon Creation: Works with any image of any size with any number of layers, after you play it you will have your 512x512 icon.
    -20 px Border Creator: Works with any image of any size with any number of layers, after you play it you will have your 512x512 20px frame.
    -40 px Border Creator: Works with any image of any size with any number of layers, after you play it you will have your 512x512 40px frame.
    -60 px Border Creator: Works with any image of any size with any number of layers, after you play it you will have your 512x512 60px frame.
    -Buster: With this action you will be able to create an icon background similar to the AppStore, iTunes or iTC Connect apps. To make it work create a 800x800 image in photoshop fill it with a gradient from top to bottom and then play it.

I was planning on doing a version 2 with other images to sell it separately, but then I thought that I would be pissed if I was a customer so I will just update this one for free.

So I'm open to suggestions for the next update. What would you like? More backgrounds? More shadows/gloss effects? More PS actions?

2. Hi,

This Icon Pack was loved so much that I decided to update it for free

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It is still available at 15$ on http://www.markontheiron.com/Marketplace.html

Here's what you will find in this updated Icon Pack:

• 9 more glow/gloss images to add a gloss or a glow effect to your icon

• 5 more shadow images to add shading effect to your icon

• 127 more images to act as background for your icons.

• 2 more ribbons and 4 more little extras.

• Icons.psd - A big photoshop file with all the above images nicely put together.

• iPhone Icon Actions:
    - PSD Icon: After you've created your icon in the psd file in the square inside the guides, play this action to create your 512x512 flat icon along with other sizes and a preview of your icon on the AppStores listings.

The big psd file with all the images have been removed to reduce the file size and because many of you had some problems trying to open such a big file.

All the image are 512x512 pixels and rounded exactly as the Apple guidelines instruct.

3. Emeric

Emeric Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2010
    If anyone's interested, I bought it, and I thought it was worth the 15 bucks. Saved me a lot of time.

Possible improvements: more border types (not colors, but border styles).

4. Morti

Morti Well-Known Member

Very good pack, bought it too.

5. Deep Blue Apps have a great new tool called Icon Creator.

It allows you to import icon packs like mine. They posted on their site some guidelines to import the graphics, but if you're too lazy I can provide you with an Icon Creator friendly folder with the images ready to be imported.

So if you already bought this pack email me with the same email address you used during the transaction and I will send you the new folder.

If you are a new customer you will have the ability on the PayPal payment page to add instructions to the seller and in that field ask for the compatible folder and I will send it to you.