iCade Model Comparison

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by [M&B]Games, Jan 17, 2012.

?

Which iCade is the best?

1. iCade Original

11 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. iCade New (No Cabinet)

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. iCade Mini (Small Cabinet)

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. iCade Game Controller (iPhone)

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Hello there,
    I have been a long time fan of the iCade but have never had the chance to purchase one. Now with the new generation of the iCades going out I was wondering which you think is the best?

I am not a fan of the iCade Game Controller, while I am a fan of the iCade Mini. I own both an iPad and an iPhone.

Please vote for your favorite and tell me why.

2. Keyeszx

Keyeszx Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    I prefer the original because the name fits with it. People say it's too bulky and I think "duh, it's supposed to be like an arcade cabinet."

I like the design.

3. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The original, of course, with the Game Controller one second, since that serves a different purpose and thus sets it apart, and it looks like it's better made than the iControlPad, albeit less compact.

4. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Why do you prefer the Game Controller over the iCade Mini?
    I am leaning more towards the iCade Mini over the iCade Original because I play more games on my iPhone than on iPad.

5. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    The original one, IMO for the ipad, but since I only have an ipod touch, the small one seems too small, so I'm going with the hand-held one.

6. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Original one. The new one doesn't seem right. Also, the iCade jr looks very hard to play on.

7. HeliApps

HeliApps Well-Known Member

iPhone game controller gets my vote ... huge amount of games on app store (including mine) that need external controls. Plus it's portable, plus the rotate function, plus it uses the exact same keyboard input as original iCade so code will work straight away without having to update. Although of course the original is just , well, original and awesome