Universal Record of Agarest War [HyperDevbox]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by HyperDevbox, May 15, 2014.

1. hrsta

hrsta Member

Mar 26, 2014
    #261 hrsta, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
    Hallo everyone,
    excuse me if I didn't update with news about my problem, but i was full of work.
    Anyway this morning i tried another time, but this time i start smashing buttons at random during the fading out screen at the end of generation one and... it worked!! Pobably I press for last the B button 'cause there was the STOP icon on the up right angle, then the icon disappear and... marriage time :D

Now I'm on generation II and happy.

Thanks Hyper and Defuct for the reply anyway. Really awsome game, i hope there will be more port of the series on IOS in the future.

So if any other people got this problem on Iphone4, the B button is the answer (maybe?).

EDIT: by the way the battery usage of this game is RIDICOUSLY LOW for a massive game like this. Congrats for the optimisation!

EDIT2: For clarification, it wasn't a RAM problem, there was battleheart, lord of waterdeep, the internet browser and the music player running on the background when the crash didn't happen. So Iphone4 fully supported 'till now.

2. defunct32

defunct32 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Yay! I'm envious of your phone seriously!

Gen 2 is a bit boring IMHO.

And I agree, hope to see Agarest 2 but on a dedicated handheld like the Vita (if feasible) but mobile is still good, just wanna experience the magic that is Agarest 2!

3. mirsha

mirsha New Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Crash Game

The game record of agarest war chrashes on me from time to time wihtout knowing i get a message of an os bug at the beggining of the game that it cannot play certain movies and sometimes it chashes during missions

4. Dekar

Dekar Member

May 17, 2014
    Yep, ever since I updated I am getting this as well. It happens fairly often, but I've been lucky and had it mostly happen after saving. Hopefully there will be a fix

5. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    after finished DQ8, think of getting this one or MHFU.

I'm not able to get online most of time that's the reason why I haven't get MHFU yet. for this game, I also concern about the crashing and no saving in single mission (is that true?) that I can easy lose the game progress easily....

any comment?

6. Dekar

Dekar Member

May 17, 2014
    Personally I would say you can't go wrong with either. The crashing for me seems to be directly related to leaving the menu after having been playing a while. I save all the time and most of the crashes happen leaving the menu after a save. I sent an email to them so hopefully they get on fixing it, it wasn't an issue before this latest update for me at least.

There is no saving in each battle, but the battles are pretty short. Most battles will be less than 5 minutes once you get the hang of it. Some missions will have you fighting multiple battles in a row, and you get to save in-between. It's an SRPG, but heavily influenced by JRPG turn based battles.

I'm a huge Monster Hunter fan, but the learning curve is pretty steep. There is a lot of game there even in single player though, will last a good long time if you wind up liking it.

7. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Game no longer working in my iPhone 6 when i updated to iOS 8.1. It crashes immediately after tapping on the icon

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Damn I can't test it. I had it on my device for ios 8.0.1 but then I needed space so I removed it. And I just did it today..

Do you know if it worked on the earlier ios versions or is this the first time your tried getting it to run? I figured since it worked on early ios 8 that there shouldn't be a problem.

9. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Aww no man. Last time i played this was on iOS 7.1 when i bought it and that was playing the tutorial. After that was already 8.1, a couple of hours ago lol. Was supposed to play the game to finish now when this happened. But i think it's 8.1, coz other games like Deathsmiles also stopped working when I updated to 8.1 when it was previously working on 8.0.2

10. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Hmm if that's what you say then I believe you. But that's so weird! I'm surprised a smaller ios upgrade can ruin a game. Tomorrow I may try to reinstall it to see if it works. I'm guessing you're going to be right though. The devs were on this board when the game released so I'm hopeful they'll get on to fixing it if we message them. Hopefully. SQE has been annoying me since 90% of their ios RPGs don't work on ios8 at all and it's been nearly 2 months.

11. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Just sent the devs an email regarding the iOS 8.1 crash and here's what they said:
    Hello,

We have submitted a new version to apple resolving the issue. We very much appreciate your patience.

Kindest regards,

So I guess it's in Apple's hands now. Hope they approve it soon so I can finally play this game from start to finish

12. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Aw damn sorry man I forgot to check for you. Looks like the devs were on it. So that's good!

LOL hilarious SQE hasn't even updated their games but this dev already sent in their fix. I'm really hating SQE right now. A bunch of RPGs I can't finish from them.

13. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Yeah and imho FF1 & 2 is kinda overpriced. But that's just me

14. defunct32

defunct32 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Square-Enix? They're a very sad company tO be honest.

15. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    So is this an instabuy at the sale price or what?

What about the new one?

16. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Bought! Thank you!
    Now struggling to play this or Banner saga first

17. JarvisDelta

JarvisDelta Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Anyone know why the sale price ended before the stated date (Dec 4th)?? Or is the discount only applicable if you buy both simultaneously?

18. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    iCloud doesn't work for me....

19. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I was forced to upgrade my iOS and now I can't get these iCloud saves to work. This is why I dislike iCloud... I really really am upset Apple removed access to the documents in the app folders. I would've been done with this hours ago but now I'm sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out how to fix this. I don't want to restart because that's so many hours down the drain.

20. AppWhore

AppWhore Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Game's back on sale till May 9th