IOS 6 Problems

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jacob007, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    After upgrading to IOS 6, I've been having signficiant battery drains and even problems charging. Had my iPod 4 even completely shut down at once. I'm very disappointed, but hopefully 6.1 comes out soon.

2. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I've read that a few ipod touch 4th gen users are experiencing this. Although the majority seem to be unaffected

3. Jacob007

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Apple has really screwed IOS6 up. I've seen countless complaints on apps crashing, map
    glitches, and infinite new bugs. 6.1 better be a damn good update.

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    My advice is to backup and try a restore. That will likely fix any issues. Make sure you've got a backup and manually start one if don't. You can try a restore of settings, but it is probably more likely to help if you do a full restore (from backup).

5. Jacob007

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Restored to factory settings and replaced all apps - hopefully this'll work. Thanks for the help.

6. Anyone have a lot of crashing when you go to the general settings section? Mine crashes all the time and goes back to the main menu, new ipad ios6.0

7. popblanks

popblanks Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Whenever I'm at the App Store and go to the search menu and type in.. for example "Bluetooth multiplayer", results won't pop up and the App Store will just crash...

8. Jacob007

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Thats happened to me. Either the search gets really slow, or it works and as I tap the app it crashes. Very frustrating.

9. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Well, I've found at least since yesterday that the app store doesn't work at all on my iPhone 4. Well, only the updates tab works. Everything else just gives me a blank screen aside from the bars at the top and bottom. Not sure what to do. I can't download any apps, so I hope they'll be fixing this issue soon. Anyone else run into this?

10. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Same problem here. After looking on line it looks like the problem will soon reappear even after a restore. Several people said that the App Store just started working normally again for them, randomly, after about a week of blank screen