Jet Car Stunts 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by unbrokenchain33, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    Jet car stunts RPG :)

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    JCS Match-3 is where it's at! :p

On topic though:
    A sequel to a game I liked from a developer I like that only has quality titles under his belt? I'm in.

3. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Out of curiosity, will JCS2 ever have online multiplayer? I can see it working really well with the Time Trial levels, and multiplayer with the Platforming levels would be a neat experiment as well.

A "hot lap" multiplayer like Trackmania where you and a bunch of other people are racing each other's lap ghosts on a track all at once would be really cool as well.

If not, maybe Jet Car Stunts 3?

4. luketrueaxis

luketrueaxis Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Game Development (Managing Director of True Axis)
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm trying to motivate my self to get a lot of admin up to date at True Axis this week. It is the worst part of my work! And it takes me for ever because I have such low motivation for it.

I really want to be figuring out the graphical style for user created levels now. The radiosity lighting generator used for on the in house levels is way too slow for the in game level editor. There are some real time radiosity methods around these days, but I don't think they will cross over to the JCS2 in game level editor on iOS well. So, I'm testing out some different effects to use on the user generated levels to make sure they look nice with out the radiosity ligting.

Probably not at launch. It is such a single player game focused game in general, and the challenge mode offers a good multiplexer substitute. Might consider it as an update though.

5. Goombaslayer

Goombaslayer Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Just curious, but what will the amount of content be compared to the original jet car stunts?

I'm assuming it will be much more due to the new cars and the level editor, but how will the amount of levels compare to the original one?

6. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Progress has been a little slow after the holiday season trying to get motivated to get through a back log of administration work.

I've made a new graphical style for the in game level editor which I am happy with, but I need to test it out on a few devices to see if it is fast enough. I'm worried it might be a bit slow.

Today I also just started on a new HUD style. I was going to get a graphics guy into do this, but I just decided to do it my self now. There was some criticism about the look of the original HUD in JCS1 which I did, probably not helped by a bug in the blending modes I just found. I might post some screen shots of the new HUD soon for feed back.

We all ready have well over 100 levels built to a playable state. Will likely also add some in game level editor built levels. They will look a bit different because the high quality radiositly lighting is too slow for the in game level editor. Levels can be built super quick with the in game editor.

There will be new game modes, and more replayability per level.

7. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Luke, make it $90. I'm getting it, regardless of price. Even the first one was worth more than some $20 games I've played. Well over 150 hours played in the first.

Seriously though, step out there and make it $6.99. Make a poll and see what people think before release or something. Your hard work shouldn't go to waste :D

8. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    This is probably the only game I'll blindly pay whatever for when it comes out. I still play the original all the time...

Keep the info coming! Can't wait!

9. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Agreed, i still keep playing the original with as much fervor as I was playing it when I had first got it. JCS 2 will be epic.

10. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    How long do you think it will be before we can see any early game footage? I could not be any more excited for JCS 2

11. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Possibly a sneak peak at the level editor this month.

I just tested out my new rendering method for the level editor on an iPod 4th Gen, but it is way too slow. The high resolution retina display is a bit of a problem I guess. There is still some room for optimisation, but I might have to do something a bit less cool instead. I just decided to try on an iPhone 4s while writing this, and it seems to have easily enough power. They way to go might be to do something a bit less fancy on older devices.

Still deciding exactly which hardware to support, if the game supports 1st and 2nd Gen hardware at all, the in game level editor will probably be disabled on those devices.

12. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    The level editor will be included in the version for newer devices, right?

13. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes.

The game will be primarily targeting iPhone 3Gs, iPhone4, iPhone 4s, iPod 3rd, iPod 4th, iPad, iPad 2 and above. The level editor will be on all these and above.

It is undecided weather iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch, and iPod Touch 2nd will be supported at all by JCS2. Originally we planned to, so it is possible, however, if it becomes too difficult, we will be quick to drop any of these and if we do support them, the level editor might be disabled.

However, the last 3 generations of iPhone we plan to fully support at release.

14. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    I imagine this thing looks sexy on the 4S.

Is there an estimated release "month"?

15. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Not yet there are still a few unknowns in the development schedule.

16. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Its the end of the month. Any chance of a peek at the level editor? Or is it too soon?

17. Jyaif

Jyaif Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Male
    Independent game dev
    Paris, France
    Yes

Awesome, so happy to see a JCS 2, JCS 1 is really one of my favorite game :)
    In JCS 1, the levels had baked radiosity. How are you going to handle that with the level editor?

18. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I got a bit distracted with announcing True Skate, and then got side tracked fixing up some JCS2 Menu issues while waiting to get some music done to go with a level editor trailer. Will try to get that out very soon.

The JCS2 Level Editor Levels will have a different style to the in game Levels. Very reflective.

19. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I've been polishing things up ready to record a video. I thought I was ready until I realized that the there is no jet exhaust effect in the new OpenGL ES 2.0 render. I could probably put the old one back in quickly, but I might try to do a new effect.

20. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    So, the video might be here in 2-3 weeks? *hoping*