Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    keeping this question alive for all our sakes

2. Cazblu

Cazblu Active Member

One of my caves is tied up for 36hrs breeding my second panlong so I figured I'd take a break from breeding metal dragons in my 2nd cave, and try and get the Bloom Dragon......so now it's tied up for 48hrs o_O......Go figure...

3. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    48 hours!

Thanks everyone for sharing what works for you. First try at Storm and Plant gave me a 6 hour Lichen, 2nd try 48 hours?!?! Not too happy.

Great news to share, I am halfway through 48 timer on my EBI with Blazing and Mud. At level 27 and over 3 months of playing, I am looking forward to my first Rainbow!!!!

4. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    LOL, me too Foxy, except my plant is in the colosseum......gonna have to wait it out, but maybe reindeer/ storm in the meantime?

5. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hope it is a rainbow and not a sun or moon TT? Fingers crossed for you.
    Sorry to hear about your 48 hr timer for storm/plant... :(
    Haven't tried anything yet, caves are both busy....hopefully by the time they are
    free some more members will have posted their combo successes.

6. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hey Caz,
    Was it a plant/storm combo that gave you this 48 hrs?
    Sorry to hear.....this could be a tricky one, but hey you still need sun, moon, rainbow right?? If so, it's really a big win for you ;)

7. icrit041905

icrit041905 Active Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Just my little theory, everytime theres a new dragon they always have a new limited item too. I always buy 2 items then try to breed, and boom! Maybe, just maybe. Did same thing since bone upto now it works like magic

8. Cazblu

Cazblu Active Member

Yes, I used a plant/storm combo. And yes I'm happy with having any of those :p It's just the time factor, and that I've been trying to get them for so long haha....murphys law..

9. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Plant 11/Storm 12 worked for me. Funnily enough I did Storm/plant first about 5 times and as soon as I reversed - 13hr wait. Perhaps it depends on the level and position of respective dragons (1st or second), or may be I am again trying to bring order to chaos.

10. Cazblu

Cazblu Active Member

Quick question I have as I'm still fairly new to this. We only get two breeding caves, is this right? One of my 'friends' has about 6-8 on one of their islands.

11. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yep, just the original and the epic breeding caves.
    Sounds like another jailbreak cheat GRR! :mad:

PS Murphy's law is always so busy in our lives isn't it? :D
    Looking forward to seeing which rare you get Caz...timing might be off but
    still so exciting to get that first one, especially when you aren't specifically needing only one of the rares....more of a calm wait LOL

12. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    What the heck?!! Probably a hacker? Post a screen cap please!

13. MaLiesa

MaLiesa Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    My first bloom dragon I bred with Storm plus plant both level 15.. The second was a bit more of a challenge and wound up with a moon trying, so I bred Level 4storm and level 15 flower

14. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Well just tried Cactus/Reindeer. Another 6.. must be Lichen fail #2.

Got a Panlong and Rainbow in hatchery, a 48 in EBI.. they're gettin a little stacked up. Heehee. But wow, this Bloom breeding sounds like quite the boom for anyone needing a Rare. Fun! I love when Backflip mixes it up!

15. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Cool! I'm feeding a Flower to level her up right now. Don't have a low level Storm though.

This may be the night I spend all my gems AND money! lol

16. MaLiesa

MaLiesa Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    #3416 MaLiesa, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
    Good luck, crossing my fingers for you! Lol I just bought dragon food with all of my saved up dragon cash....go figure, so the vernal fountain will have to wait.

17. Idoctor

Idoctor Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Bloomin success!

Reindeer 15 and storm 13 on the EBI. Second try.

Tried for a second with cactus and blue fire --> 48 hour in the regular breeding cave.

Foxy - fancy meeting you here. Must be taking a break from the ragdolls!

18. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Rainbow

Used gems to speed up the EBI, Rainbow egg will look awesome sitting in my nursery for the next 48 hours. Tried a couple times for Bloom using Cactus and Cold and Reindeer with Lightning to try a couple other combinations. So far did not get 13 hours with these combinations. Good luck everyone!

RAINBOW

19. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #3419 Foxtail2010, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
    Hey idoc! Heehee. You caught me. :rolleyes: Don't know if you remember, but you're who got me into DV! So it's good to see you here too. Another late night, eh? (me too) -regained your sanity yet?

And thanks for the breeding news. :p

20. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Oh boo. In my case Storm/Flower = Flower. Well maybe I'll buy another Plant egg. lol