Unable to update to 6.0.2

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Allanon, Dec 21, 2012.

?

Has this problem happened to you?

1. Yes, and it has been resolved

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Yes, and it hasn't been resolved

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, but I've had different updating issues

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, it updated right away with no issues!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    I went to check my 4S for an update, it said there was one but then realized I was on 3G so clicked 'done' to go back and turn on wifi..but when I returned to the update, it said I had the current version 6.0.1

Then went on my iPad 2 to update and it just said I had the current version 6.0.1 as well

plugged both my 4S and iPad 2 into my mac and under "summary" I clicked "check for update" and both came back saying I had the current version 6.0.1

how do I update to 6.0.2 if it says im up to date with the older version??????

Google'd this and couldn't find any info on it as people's update problems were different than mine.

2. Codycat

Codycat Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Don't stalk me.
    I'm pretty sure the update was only for the iPad mini (or newer regular iPads) and iPhone 5.

3. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    wouldn't worry about it if the updates were really for the devices you have you would be nagged by itunes and the devices constantly to update them if it's not doing that you have the latest for your hardware.

Could be that your not going to get updates from Apple now they don't support devices very long anymore but rest assured if they do you will see the nags.

4. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    The update is only for the iPhone 5 and the iPad mini. And people have reported that with 6.0.2 that their battery is draining a lot faster.

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Just checked and there is no update beyond 6.0.1 yet (checked on iPhone 4). I believe the next update is 6.1, which is in testing. If you have any 6.x, you will certainly get all 6.x updates. They are still supporting the 3GS, so I wouldn't worry about the 4s getting updates beyond that. I'm sure the 3GS is on the edge. I doubt it will get iOS 7.

6. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Sounds right to me the 4S only came out last year I think so I'd expect it to have at least another year of updates iPad 2 should as well but it's hard to tell with how fast the iPad line is refreshing.
    I think the rule of thumb is usually if they are still being sold by Apple they will be getting updates.

7. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    Ok so if the update was only for the 5 and iPad mini then im ok. But why did it say i had an update in the first place? Weird they wouldn't do an update for each device.

So 6.0.1 is current for every device that isnt a 5 or mini eh, haha weird but ill take that with some comfort.

Thanks for the feedback folks!

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Oh, they're just sticking with the tradition that's come with every single iOS update ever. One day it'll be more than just rumor... maybe.