My Email to Khalid Shaikh...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by gekkota, Jun 7, 2009.

1. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    ...creator of memorable $4.99 apps like iDOOM, iDukeNukem, and about 200 other junk apps...
    Here's my email. I'll let you know his response (if there is one :rolleyes:). I'd really like to report him, but I cannot figure out where to send an email to Apple. Any idea?

Dear Mr. Shaikh, et. al.,

It appears as though the vast majority of your iPhone applications use photographs, images, and illustrations that are subject to copyright restriction.

Have you ascertained permission from the numerous copyright holders to utilize these images in iPhone applications?

In the event that you have not obtained appropriate permissions, notification of this ongoing violation of copyright law will be made to Apple.
    I look forward to your response.

2. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    You cannot vicariously protect the copyrights of others. Unless he has made use of your intellectual property beyond a reasonable extent of fair use, there is nothing you can or should do. I don't see why Apple would care, anyway. If you must contact someone, write to the copyright holder(s.)

3. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
  4. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    jesus, this guy is sitting somewhere in pakistan.

at least thats what he wrote in one post in some dev-forum........so he couldn't care less about possible copyright violations.

do you think police would look him up in this pathetic excuse for a civilized country??

5. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yeah, I think they could, considering the amount of times he has infringed a copyright.

Personally I think we should all send e-mails to Apple and/or the corresponding companies that he has copied and get his ass banned from anything game related.

6. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    Ok first of all Pakistan is not a pathetic country. It was under Army rule/dictatorship for many years so you can't possibly expect them to keep pace with the rest of the world. Some people would argue that FBI/Interpol etc etc never got hold of aXXo who, in a recent survey was reckoned as the man responsible for 14% of the world's pirated stuff. Yes I agree that this guy has done wrong but blaming the police/country would make no difference. Instead we could exercise the art of 'Constructive Criticism' and email apple/original devs of his apps. Don't want to spark anything here it's just that to me, it feels wrong to blame a country for a single man.

7. gekkota

Jul 17, 2008
    #7 gekkota, Jun 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
    I think that Khalid would only be concerned about copyright violations to the extent that it would have a negative impact on him financially. Clearly he has no moral qualms about using the works and ideas of others.

And starjimstar...why wouldn't Apple care? I'd think that a company as anal as Apple-- ever hypervigilant about protecting its reputation-- would certainly be concerned with questions about copyright violations.

Regarding the concept of "fair use:" Perhaps these apps can be considered to be "fair use." However, the fact that the images are being used for commercial gain--as well as being used without crediting the source material-- seems to fly in the face of "fair use."

It's not my mission to vicariously protect and defend the world from copyright violators; I am not on a witch hunt. My concern is that this particular person seems to specialize in developing apps based on photos, images, and illustrations created by others, which are not in the public domain.

8. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Just a random thought poped into my mind.

He's probably funding a terrorist organization if that picture
    Is really true rofl.

Anyways...he doesn't care For the Copyright infringment most likely...
    Just a thought LOL.
    And first of all who would even buy his crapps?

9. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    If Apple cares, than why are they approving his apps?

10. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    becaue he bribes them with uranium he stole from the US. The Americans want it back!

11. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    The apps have secret codes in them for terrorists to read. There's no other reason he would make these apps that never sell, Apple's in on this one also.

12. gekkota

Jul 17, 2008
    His apps are approved for the same reason Tris was approved.
    Low-level Apple employees like app reviewers are apparently dumb as rocks, and don't recognize copyright infringement when it hits them upside the head.

Or else they are so geeky and socially inept that they grossly miscalculate the general public's tolerence for apps that deal with taboo subjects, like BabyShaker.

Once brought to the attention of persons higher up the food chain, both apps were removed.

13. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    Has anyone actually bought any of his apps? I can't imagine anyone being stupid enough to do so... Anyways, if he's not making a profit, I can't see how anyone could get him for copyright infringement

14. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    The Moron Test has been a top app for weeks.. you sure about that? ;)

15. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  16. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    LBG, that page is a joke, right? NFW it's the same guy who makes these games =O

17. reinhart_menken

reinhart_menken Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    That guy in the page LBG referred to is a terrorist in maximum security prison with only 1 hour per day to stretch, and then he stares at walls for 23 hours a day.

Jesus...what do you think?

18. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    lol just read through that wiki page... Sucks for the guy with the same name D=

19. eVp

eVp Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    It's rather strange that Apple hasn't already taken action. They've sent me mail asking for written proof of rights for the music used in Wooden Labyrinth 3D. One would think steps like that would be taken after these blatant cases are dealt with. :confused:

20. reinhart_menken

reinhart_menken Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    Lol yeah, imagine if his last name was also Mohammad (as the terrorist) and when he travels from an airport the FBI, Interpol, CIA, MI5 and hundreds of other alerts go up.

I was thinking might be some chance that someone just took that name as an alias as a dev though, not sure why.