Someone please help :(

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Cure, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Cure

Cure Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Hey just bought an Ipod Touch 3g yesterday and i created myself an account in Apple Store but then i saw that i cant use my debit card to by app from itunes, and debit card is the only thing i have (i am 17 from canada).

So i came her to ask you for help if there is any other way i can buy app (games) from itunes cause to tell the truth thats the main reason i bought my ipod for the short games and ofcourse i did also want all the extra options like free internet and movie player, but mainly for the games, so please if there is someone that can help me i will be really thankful.

2. brighteyes74

brighteyes74 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    Just goto the shop and buy a itunes card

3. Black Hive Media

Black Hive Media Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Yeah, just go buy an iTunes Giftcard at the store and redeem it on iTunes!

4. Cure

Cure Member

Jun 17, 2009
    i would do it but i heard that the canadian itunes giftcars dont allow you to buy applications only music, can someone tell me if its really true?

5. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    you heard very wrong.....

6. Cure

Cure Member

Jun 17, 2009
    ok so i'll buy it thx for the help and 2 last questions =]
    where can i buy those gift cards and what 2 games do you suggest me to start with? =D

7. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    Aqua Globs :D

8. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    i deleted that game a long time ago

9. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Do not get aqua globs!!

10. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    You can check out this thread to see the best games of most of the game genres voted by the very friendly people of TouchArcade ;)

11. galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Add Soosiz if you like platformers. It's new and not on that list. I really think Rolando might be a good place to start though. It's kinda of the flagship game.

12. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    dont get any expensive apps cause they wont last very long- my favorite app that has also lasted the longest on my phone is kilathon- it is very fun and only 99 cents(well was when i bought it, dont know how much it is now), im hope everyone can agree

13. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Yeah, you're getting fed some bad information here, the gift cards do NOT work in the Canadian app store.

14. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    If you only want to get a couple of games to start with, I would recommend looking at some of the greatest game threads - I believe that Masmo posted it - or look at some of the games that are very popular, and just get a bunch of lite versions of games that you might like - that way you can start trying things out - you can see the styles that you like and then you can start purchasing. The interface of the ipod is probably different than what you are used to, and some of the genres of games that you think you might like - you might actually find you don't like the way it plays. There are hundreds if not thousands of lite version apps. Additionally - there are many apps that are free that are excellent apps - again people will have their own ideas of what is great. But, there are lots of threads in the General Discussion areas with good ideas of what people like.

15. galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    The iTunes store should take paypal (at least in the US it does.) Maybe that will work.

You could also buy a Visa or AmEx gift card and it should give you a credit card number