Game Center

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JoeyLP, Aug 20, 2010.

1. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    When will Game Center be coming to our iDevices? Will it be in a update later in the year, or sometimes very soon?

2. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    No. Apple screwed us all in the ass, by saying GameCenter is only for newer devices. (iPad, iPod Touch 3rd Gen 16gb NOT 8gb) No support for iPhone 3GS (I think). Game Center is not the way to go Developers. Think of you customers. If your going to add achievements, code them yourself.

3. TNT_HEADSHOT

TNT_HEADSHOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    I don't think Apple has said mate.

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Helpful, detailed post is helpful and detailed. And not ambiguous in any way.

5. Lifein2D

Lifein2D Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Student
    Canada
    Theres obviously support for the 3GS since its a 3rd generation device. But Game Center will be for the newer higher quality devices. If they want achievements for older devices devs will keep on using OF and Plus+.

Saying its not the way to go is silly, You have to keep your apps updated with the newest features. Like how devs are getting more downloads if they support the retina display.

6. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    #6 tblrsa, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
    Yeah, it´s a mean move by Apple to be honest. But my iPhone4 has already been ordered and i hope it´ll arrive soon. :) I haven´t upgraded because of Game Center of course, but it´s been time to update from my 3G which as been a good companion in all these years. It´s still a terrific phone, best one i´ve ever had. That´s why i´m sticking with the iDevices.

7. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    From what I know developers can start working on GC integration in their games already, who knows when it will be live? It's anyone's guess at this point.

8. frendil

frendil Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    New Zealand!!
    i dont understand what about an achievement system requires a device with greater power, what about it cant a 2nd gen touch handle??

9. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    It is probably a RAM issue buddy. I assume Apple is putting a lot of bloatware into GC, most of which devs wont even use which means each game will consume much more RAM which could fail to work on older devices with less RAM. This is speculation of course.

10. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    Would I be able to do it via jailbreaking?

11. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Dunno, chances are you just have to modify a plist file again. Guess we´ll see soon after it arrives.