Universal SHADOWGUN (by MADFINGER Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by The Bat Outta Hell, Sep 28, 2011.

1. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    are these questions just a joke or it is serious?

2. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Those were rather...anti-climatic endings! I must say I more or less enjoyed the game but I am disappointed at the 'multiple endings' that were promised. With an award winning author on board, I sort of expected a bit more from the script/plot/character development departments even if this is primarily a TPS game.

3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

There was an award winning author involved with this game? :confused: With such a basic story that's kind of hard to beleeve.

4. scubi

scubi Active Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Ending

I'll agree that the "multiple endings" Wasserstein a bit of a let down. But I must say that the game in it's entirety was not a let down at all.

I really enjoyed it and will play through again in hard after the update.

I gotta say TA got it wrong in their scathing review.
    Just my opinion.

Looking forward to killing all of you, especially you hodapp, in multiplayer Haha :p

5. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    "basically, if you quit the game or are killed at that checkup point, the game restarts with the beam behind you turned on (though you can't see it)."

I wonder if the game has a memory issue so many of the repeated crashes could be avoided for now by removing the most recent apps from the multitasking bar. Just a thought and, of course, memory leaks should be tracked down and plugged at some point.

6. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #506 violentv, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2011

rofl, isn't it? but..

I guess we shouldn't expect 'Shakespears' in a TPS. lol ..but after watching the well done opening sequence right at the start, I was half expecting a similar cinematic cut scene to make an appearance at the end to wrap up the plot.

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The story was simple but the dialog was amusing and sounded natural. Also, John Slade came across as an engaging character, especially in his banter with S.A.R.A. These things might seem easy to do, but they are not, as is clearly evidenced by 90% of video game writing.

But I agree that the ending was something of a letdown...

8. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

"Yes, I know I just got shot down by two nuclear missiles, but why should I feel angry or scared because of something like that?" Well Slade certainly doesen't care alot about his life...

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    #509 squarezero, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
    He sounded scared, but his main concern was why SARA screwed up and didn't find the missiles in her initial scan. The reaction is unusual but believable. That tells you something about his character and his relationship with the SARA. For me that's an example of good writing.

10. MadFingerGames

MadFingerGames Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    Hi there

We just submitted update 1.0.2 to Apple, hope they will approve it soon..

Fixes :

iPad2 crash after 20-30 minutes
    Bug in resume game (fix also driller mission)
    Some other minor issues..

Also, lets talk about other things. We are now busy with android developer, so any idea could be added to MP ;)

What you are expecting from MP, new features, etc ? It would be really helpful to talk about it

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    more weapons...

=oP

Also, I don't know exactly how hard it would be to implement this, but being able to flip a switch and cause hazards in the environment to go off (kind of like the section in the game where that enemy guy is electrocuted...) - and kill other players that are standing in a certain area (maybe make that area a good one to take cover, somewhere where people might want to plant themselves and just take people out one by one... then you can come up behind them and fry or squish them with the flip of a switch...) - would be AWESOME to see in multiplayer.

12. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Oh, but I totally agree with you on that one. Way too many crashes indeed.

TO EVERYONE: Believe it or not, but there are still people reading this thread who have NOT finished the game as of yet. Perhaps we can keep the (ending) spoilers between tags or leave them for what they are? Thank you!

:)

13. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    More Guns
    Up close and personal kills
    Rolling movement

14. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    For multiplayer:

More weapons/guns (pistols, sniper rifles, proximity mines, turret gun packs, Etc.)

Character power ups (timed invincibility, cloaking, radar jamming, power sprint, etc.)

Those are just some ideas.

15. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Yes!!! Update submitted!!!

I've been holding off due to the price and crash reports. May take the plunge now.

16. Waylander13

Waylander13 Active Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Please just add more weapons, and maybe
    let the guys breath when they run or get hurt.
    And offcourse a bit of close combat wouldn't hurt...

17. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    This.

18. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    damn... just reached the last level, and I've had the game crash on my non-jailbroken 4th gen touch 6 times in the last 15 minutes... =o/

now I see what everyone is complaining about...

19. bagofeyes

bagofeyes Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Australia
    The game needs - more weapons, ability to run, ability to roll, gyroscope aiming option.

20. yyhakusho

yyhakusho Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    for multiplayer and future update :
    more weapons
    rolling/sprint movement
    player can run when the player is choosing or changing weapons