Wolf3D Lite will be out soon.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by cass, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cass

cass Member

Mar 25, 2009
    It's been "In Review" at the App Store since Tuesday. I can only hope it'll get through the review process soon.

The Lite version is free, and it contains Episode 1 levels 1-3.

Things are looking pretty good with Doom, though performance and multiplayer will take more time than Wolf did.

2. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Upcoming games section, please. But that's pretty cool! I'll pick it up for sure.

3. Silver Orange

Silver Orange Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    California
    I will also definitely try this game out! The graphics didn't appeal to me very much but the reviews were really positive, so I wanted to try the game first.

4. Stoney Mason

Stoney Mason Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Good to hear that Doom is on the way. After the great version of Wolf I think a bucketload of people are very excited for Doom. I wasn't even expecting multiplayer in it honestly but that would rock especially if its internet and not just wifi.

5. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    amazing

6. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    There's a good chance it's online, becaus the xbox 360 port had online multiplayer on it. Though the iPhone is a VERY different device than an xbox, now that they have the servers etc. up it may be easier.

7. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    Never tried the orignial, so I figured it wouldn't be worth it without nostalgia. But with the lite, I'll check it out.

8. Maybe the stragglers now won't have any excuses. :)

*perk*

9. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    Awesome!! I'm so glad Doom is making good progress. I already have Wolf3D and that was totally worth 5 bucks.

10. JavierDavalos

JavierDavalos Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    I really don't understand why people pay for Wolf3D, i haven't tried it but come on, its a 20 year old game and you can get it for free @ cydia since its opensource.

You can also get Quake3 arena on Cydia, and that IS THE BEST LOOKING 3d game in the iphone.

11. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    i am glad this is coming out. i have been very tempted to get the original but still havent cracked. i am going to try this and prob try the original.(im a sucker for lite versions)