Lowlander II: Lowerlander (retro-RPG looking for a few beta testers)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by bsabiston, Apr 27, 2017.

1. bsabiston

bsabiston Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

LOWERLANDER is the sequel to Flat Black's 2015 somewhat-acclaimed retro-rpg, Lowlander!

Generations have passed since the infamous deeds of the mighty Lowlander. Now the realm needs another hero.
    The evil enchantress, Yarak, means business. She ain't got time for you! Get that armor on- there's adventuring to be done!

Styled after the early Ultima games from Richard Garriott, Lowerlander will make your iPhone 7 Plus feel like an Apple II+. That's a good thing! Plus, Lowlander's new sibling packs the same one-handed portrait-style gameplay that sensible people prefer!

TouchArcade had this to say about the first one’s slavish devotion to Ultima II: “4.5 stars ... Lowlander is an interesting case, because it's not often that a game paying direct homage to a classic is actually better than said classic.” Probably undeserved, but that’s high praise!

FEATURES

• • glorious one handed retro-RPG action
    • • a vast new world to explore, filled with danger and surprises
    • • a longer, involving storyline: over 16 hours of minimalist adventure
    • • gain experience and rise in power via time-tested rpg mechanics
    • • delve into dark dungeons for loot and riches
    • • three save-game slots
    • • a few more colors
    • • save games to the cloud and download them later or to another device
    • • no in-app purchases. buy once, own forever
    • • realistic moving water

Lowlander II: Lowerlander is coming soon, with your help! I need a few people who know they like this type of game to play it and make sure everything works the way it should.

PM me your email if you are interested. (Also if possible please let me know what kind of device/OS version you’d be using.)
    Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 34MB

[​IMG]

2. eksaint

eksaint Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2015
    I loved Lowlander! Really looking forward to the sequel!

I don't have much time these days so I don't think I would make a great beta tester but I could give it a go!

Either way, can't wait to try your next game!

3. theonetruejm

theonetruejm Active Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Huge Lowlander 1 fan. I would love to help beta test Lowlander 2.

4. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Happy day!!! I loved playing Lowlander and this sequel looks great. Unfortunately I've discovered that I'm a pretty crummy beta tester due to lack of time and poor attention to detail. So I'll happily buy it once it's released. :)

5. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    How do I reach Becky? Hah, loving this game.

6. Moldar

Moldar New Member

Dec 9, 2014
    I just completed the game as a beta tester and will attest that it is indeed an excellent game that will scratch an Ultima itch.

As to Becky - I can give a hint, but it took me quite some time before I could get to her. I don't want to swamp you with hints, but at a certain point you will be able to cross over things that were previously barriers. If I say more, they may boot me from this forum.

7. bsabiston

bsabiston Well-Known Member

Hey thanks very much to everyone who beta-tested! I'm soft-launching Lowerlander today -- if all goes well then we'll release it next Thursday, June 15!

8. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Good luck man! I look forward to playing it.