LetterMiner: Word Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Check Sim Games, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Check Sim Games

Aug 11, 2016
    Cleveland, OH
    #1 Check Sim Games, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    LetterMiner is a word game being developed for iOS and Mac. In LetterMiner you mine letters by finding words. The game starts with a board of letter tiles and one tunnel tile, which is where you start mining.

[​IMG]

Tap on one of the blue tiles to start making a word. Tap adjacent tiles to build a word. Tapping on the A creates many word choices, including AIR, ALE, ALERT, ARK, ART, and ATE. The following image shows building the word ART:

[​IMG]

Mining a word mines its letters, which means the tiles that make up the word you created become tunnel tiles. Build new words off the newly created tunnel tiles. Submitting the word ART gives you access to the S and K tiles that you couldn't reach at the start. Now you can mine the word KEY.

[​IMG]

Score points for the letters you mine and the length of the words you create. When you score enough points you get to advance to a new level. Each board is randomly generated so no two games of LetterMiner are exactly the same.

Right now LetterMiner is a playable game that needs polishing. If you have a Mac, you can play LetterMiner by going to letterminer.com.

2. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #2 vectorarchitekt, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    Cool. I don't have a PC but I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this

3. Check Sim Games

Aug 11, 2016
    Cleveland, OH
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm going to assume by PX you mean PC. I wish I could put the iOS version of LetterMiner on my site for people to try, but Apple doesn't allow that. There are a lot of hoops to jump through to submit an iOS game for external testing so I'm waiting until I'm further along in development before I submit LetterMiner for external testing. I will definitely update this thread with a call for testers when the game is ready for external testing.

4. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Thanks! Yes I did mean PC

5. Check Sim Games

Aug 11, 2016
    Cleveland, OH
    I finally got the iOS version stable enough to make it available for external testing. If you're interested in testing the iOS version of LetterMiner, read the following article:

Call for LetterMiner iOS Testers

The iOS version of LetterMiner requires an iOS device running iOS 9 or 10.

6. Check Sim Games

Aug 11, 2016
    Cleveland, OH
  7. Check Sim Games

Aug 11, 2016
    Cleveland, OH
    #7 Check Sim Games, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017