Universal Agricola - (by Playdek, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Does anybody know how to delete or rename the default "My Profile" profile!?! Every time I try to do it, it tells me that it can't delete an active profile and then cleverly re-selects it as the active profile over my previous active profile.

Finally took the time to learn this game enough to successfully complete a Family Game, and I am definitely enjoying it. Still can't figure out why I can't renovate, though...

2. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I can't recall about profile but I believe I had a similar issue when buying it at release. I am pretty sure I created a new one then deleted the "My Profile" one.

Also if you are trying to renovate you need enough supplies for each room. Make sure you have enough resources to renovate all your rooms since you must do them all at once.

The game does take a bit to get use to, personally I think learning the game by playing the actual board game would be far easier. Then again the same could be said about most iOS board games.

3. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Must be a bug, because after repeated attempts on one device I was able to delete it, but so far no luck on my Mini.

Thanks for the info on renovation; that was my problem, exactly. The card lists the cost of renovating a single room, not your entire house.

I'm slowly learning this game by playing Family Games with no opponents, and it's surprisingly fun. Once it gets boring (one full game so far), I will know its time to add opponents.

4. Shoggothy

Shoggothy Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Scrolling bug on iPhone

There appears to be a problem after the new update with the Gamer's Deck.

Try dropping a family member onto a resource space on the map on the iPhone - it's almost impossible as the playing area keeps scrolling around.

Please fix this ASAP Playdek!

5. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    You're right, they broke it. Just built a fence with 12 wood... It took a while...

//Pedroapan

6. RandallPeek

RandallPeek Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    And I thought it was just me having trouble! Yes, it is scroll-happy on my iPhone 6, to the point of being unplayable. I thought maybe slowing the animation speed would help, but no luck there.

7. RandallPeek

RandallPeek Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    The newest update has fixed the wonky scrolling problem. Plays like a dream once again.

8. lucrezio87

lucrezio87 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    Does the game works fine on latest iOS? iPhone 6+, ios 9.3.2

Thanks guys!

9. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    It even works with the acual iOS 10 Beta on all my devices ... :)