Vector i-Ship [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by WaJuniorGames, Feb 1, 2012.

1. WaJuniorGames

WaJuniorGames Active Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Desenvolvedor de Jogos
    Brazil / Brasil
    Hi there touch arcade friends!
    I am from WaJuniorGames and I want to show you all this new iOS universal Game.

Game Name : Vector i-Ship
    Type : Space Shooting Game ( Shoot´em up Arcade 2D)
    Company : WaJuniorGames
    Developer : Washington Luiz de Figueiredo Junior
    Release date : probably this February 02/12
    Development time : more than 8 months

iphone 3GS , 4 and 4S
    ipodTouch 3G and 4G
    ipad1 and ipad2

Thank you and I really hope for your support As I have more 8 projects on the works( one is a beat´em up and there´s also a hack and slash for iOS devices too) :)

2. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I like the cartoon style of this; any further info you can give about the game, in advance of the official release? Looking forward to checking this out, for sure. :)

3. WaJuniorGames

Feb 1, 2012
    Brazil / Brasil
    #3 WaJuniorGames, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
    Thank you for your support

Thanks AnarKitty !

the game is been tested one last time for this week(openfeint features for iOS 5) and next week reviewed by the Apple approval team.I can´t garanty, but for sure it´s coming out this month( February)!The Promovideo you saw here don´t show the real visuals of the game.The encoder used didn´t captured the HD quality of the game running.For the ipad 1 and 2 versions (HD resolution) and also the iphone 4 and 4S + ipodtouch 4G versions(retina screen),now for the iphone 3GS and ipodtouch 3G(native resolution).it will be an Universal app in the Apple Store.

The game is really beautiful and everything is made in 2D, animated backgrounds(almost never done in games for apple portable devices), lots of special Effects in 2D every ship in the game has it´s own weapons and special animations and FX.

The soundtracks are trance style musics, so you can enjoy the feeling of the game.You will fight against a lot of enemies, including Huge Bosses and MidBosses(There are some destructible physics implemented in some enemy parts).

The menus also are beautifully done too(with Different Effects) and there´s also an option to change the language to English,portuguese,Spanish,French and Japanese.

In controls you will have an option to change to :

Touch - keep the Touch pressed to constantly shoot and guide the ship + Special button to release the special attack, Transparent bellow the screen.

Digital Pad - A virtual (on-screen) Joystick for old school players ( a Virtual Pad to guide the ship + Fire button and the Special button, everything transparent and Bellow the screen.

Accelerometer - Rotate or Tilt the Apple devices to move the ship + Fire button and the Special button, everything transparent and Bellow the screen
    You will Start the game with one initial Ship and after finishing the game you unlock new ones.

Openfeint Leaderboards ( for world Scoring count competition ) and Unlockable Achievement trophies that pops up on-screen during the gameplay.Twitter and facebook also available with openfeint features.

I really hope the players to buy this game so I can update it in the future with new ships and also new levels and modes (like a Survive boss battle mode with trophies and a leaderboard).

Thank you for your support and fell free to copy and paste those informations on websites, blogs, twitters, facebooks or wherever you like. By supporting this game also you are supporting my 8 next projects giving WaJuniorGames a future in the Apple Mobile Game Market.

Washington Luiz de Figueiredo Junior
    WaJuniorGames Founder and only employer.

PS: the Game Engine used here is UNITY the same used by MikaMobile Games.

4. WaJuniorGames

Feb 1, 2012
    Brazil / Brasil
  5. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Any chance you'll be adding Game Center?

6. WaJuniorGames

Feb 1, 2012
    Brazil / Brasil
    Snooptalian,
    That´s a possibility as a future app update!
    I´ll keep that in my checklist here.
    And many extras too!

Thank you for your Interest and support!

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Looks a nice colourful shoot em up. The title appears a bit misleading, when i read Vector i thought it meant vector graphics so i was a bit surprised when i saw the video and saw all the colour/filled in graphics ! Does look good though

8. WaJuniorGames

Feb 1, 2012
    Brazil / Brasil
    psj3809,

Thanks for the compliment about the graphics!( some pretty hard work there! )

About the "Vector" in the tittle, at the begining of the development this game was supposed to have only vector graphics indeed.But As I have filled the vector lines with paint and started shading in 2D, I thought that it looked even nicer that way, but I haven´t took the Vector in the tittle and the main reason is,
    Last year in 6 july I lost may father from cancer 2 months before Mr. Steve Jobs death,and as I showed him (my father) the tittle and as he was my special tester, and loved to play my game I realised that I should keep the name, in his memory.

It seams a little awkward but as an update I could create a Vector Simulation scene, using true vector graphics on the background, only, for a continuous Boss battle survival mode.
    In a matter of fact that was one of my checklists in future updates for the game.

About the "i" before the Vector phrase represents the idevices from Apple, I mean an exclusive game!
    Again, Thank you for the compliment and Support my game for even better future updates.

9. WaJuniorGames

Feb 1, 2012
    Brazil / Brasil
    Possible Game Center integration!

I am Checking the possibility to integrate Game Center in the game, before the release this month.

Stay toon!

10. LastWindow

LastWindow Active Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Graphically it reminds me a lot of Fantasy Zone. Can't wait to play it.

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Sorry to hear about your loss, thanks for sharing the above though, sure your dad will be very proud of your game and the name. I'll look forward to getting this when its out, cheers

12. WaJuniorGames

Feb 1, 2012
    Brazil / Brasil
    Thank you for your support!

LastWindow,
    I am glad you liked the graphics.Thanks!
    Stay tuned on my posts (or social networks) because i'll also post here to confirm when it comes out.

psj3809,
    Thank you for your kind words!
    And don´t worry I already knew he was proud of my work, because he really told me that in life.

Feel free to spread this info with other idevice friends, family or social networks(forums, facebook, Twitter, etc...) , more people accessing this game on app stores will grant you even more future updates.

Thank you for your support. :)

13. WaJuniorGames

Feb 1, 2012
    Brazil / Brasil
    About GameCenter...

The game Center release will be pushed as a possible future update for now.

The reason is Apple is rejecting apps with both openfeint and Game Center at the same time. Also Achievements and Leaderboards are better implemented on Game Center only if you have an itunes connect(for developer) App id, this is even better for testing the Game before release GameCenter features.

Thank you and support my game when it releases this month!

14. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I know this forum is home for me when I look at this video and think to myself how it reminds me of Fantasy Zone (a somewhat obscure title might I add) mixed with Platypus, then scroll down the page and see a comment that basically says the same thing :) I Like this place ;)

Anywho, this game looks AWESOME. I am loving the weapons (I haven't seen one spread shot. I HATE spread shots!) Really though, I am looking forward to this big time. An original 2-D side-scroller with awesome graphics and weapons is pretty tough to beat.

Keep us posted!

15. WaJuniorGames

Feb 1, 2012
    Brazil / Brasil
    SumoSplash,

I really liked your comments!Thanks.

The reference between Fantasy zone and Platypus are there for sure! And I must say as an old school gamer i´ve never played those games. When I was building this game I thought about Area 88 and axelay, but then I thought about casttleCrashers(xboxlive game) and so I mixed up my thoughts and created Vector i-Ship. :D

Pretty funny explanation don´t you think?

And My game,Vector i-Ship, is really funny and as I really hated shoot´em up games in the past that only gave us the same ships with the same specials, I´ve decided to create ships with really different Weapons and a different special for each of them.

About the "pretty tough to beat" don´t worry you´ll have 5 continues in the game and 1,5 and 10 lives to setup on options menu, so even new players will have a lot of fun playing Vector i-Ship.And every new life used grants you 2 specials.

Thanks for all Touch Arcade friends and feel free to support this game on your social networks, homepage and Blogs to deliver this Shoot´em up experience for everybody.

16. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #16 SumoSplash, Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
    HA! LOL. When I said 'pretty tough to beat' I wasn't referring to the difficulty settings or the continues. I meant that a solid 2-D shooter is the absolute best and as a genre it is tough to top ;) Oh the idiosyncrasies of the english language.

Good call on the Axelay similarities. I also see a hint of G-Darius in here as well and this is definitely a good thing. I can tell you have been influenced by quality shooters. My all-time favorite side-scrolling shooters are, as mentioned, G-Darius, along with R-Type Final and Delta and the sleeper Pulstar. It's ALL ABOUT THE WEAPONS.

My current favorite is definitely Phoenix HD. I think it is the best shooter in the App store thus far.

I am really looking forward to the arrival of your game as I am sure the rest of the shooter-heads on this forum are too.

Keep in touch (arcade).

17. WaJuniorGames

Feb 1, 2012
    Brazil / Brasil
    OpenFeint has been approved now sending to apple

Thank you SumoSplash,
    I really loved those 2 R-Type games too.

About fps on my game:
    As i can see you have an iphone 4S if i am not wrong my game runs at 60 fps (on ipad and 4s) and 30 to 45fps on (ipodtouch 3G,4G and iphone 3GS,4) devices. And don´t worry because 30 fps means already running perfect.

Well,
    OpenFeint has been approved now so I am sending to apple´s approval review. Wish me luck and may the force be with us all :D

Don´t forget to support the game on it´s release for better future updates.

18. LastWindow

LastWindow Active Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Haha. Funny thing is I still have the first Fantasy Zone for TurboGrafx-16

19. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I still have it for the almighty Master System.

20. WaJuniorGames

Feb 1, 2012
    Brazil / Brasil
    About the Apple´s approval review

For all TouchArcade Friends,
    When the game gets a release date I´ll post here, for sure!

About the price of the game I´ll charge a fixed price for $2.99(production costs) from start and for future updates like new modes, Ships and levels I won´t charge nothing more. So what I mean is no in-App purchase in my game, only the full package and counting even future updates.

To drop the price even more, possible promotions in the near future, once in awhile , will happen! So stay toon on itunes, app store or openfeint for notifications.

I hope you really enjoy my game experience and support it to help me give you even better updates and more cartoon like games in the future.

Games like double dragon(beat´em up), CastleCrashers,dangeon and dragons from capcom(Hack and Slash), Zombieville USA(Zombie killer games),Tales from namco and Final Fantasy (2D RPGS),Angry Birds(casual and funny physics games) are taken as a base design for my other future titles. And even more original Games already prototyped by WaJuniorGames on iOS devices will launch in the future. So support my Games to receive even better ones in the near future.

Thank you all and stay toon for Vector i-Ship release date.