Win $1500 in iTunes Gift Cards in App Store Contest!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by WolfStreet Studios, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WolfStreet Studios

WolfStreet Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2014
    THIS CONTEST OR ANY OTHER CONTEST IS NOT FAKE.

AniMeX has been informed he forfeited the prize due to CHEATING the gamecenter leaderboard. You can find more information on this by visiting the other thread in this forum section. We have posted an update on that.

2. WolfStreet Studios

Mar 27, 2014
    This contest will still be awarded to someone on the date provided.

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Why do I have the distinct feeling a prize will never be awarded? If the dude cheated he'd have some unbelievable score, and would be a fly by night forum member who just registered to hack the contest. I find it to be incredibly hard to believe that a guy who has been a great member of the TA forum community since 2011 is going to throw that all away for a contest.

4. Why not just make it $20 ? If money is the issue, which it blatantly is, then why not make it a contest that you could pay? That's low. You come on here and we play your games, collectively take time to review and you're pulling some shady stuff. Whatever. If there's anyone cheating on here it's you

5. WolfStreet Studios

Mar 27, 2014
    If he got an unbelievably high score, then it would have noticeable right? The only two that have gotten the high score were him and his buddy. We have reason to believe he gamed the high score, that's why that particular contest is forfeited.

Thank you

6. WolfStreet Studios

Mar 27, 2014
    We know what he did, and what his buddy. Nothing shady is going on here. You can call us shady if the review contest and the contests here aren't awarded, but they will be awarded.

You are protecting someone that exploited a bug in our game to win. We have updated the game and the bugs have been fixed, but the exploit was put to use by him.

Thank you

7. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    If there was some sort of bug that could be exploited then you should have fixed it before holding a huge contest. Plus, nothing in the rules says anything about not exploiting anything other than hacking the leader board.

8. WolfStreet Studios

Mar 27, 2014
    We have reason to believe he exploited the bug within the game to win $1k.. That's scummy of us, or him? C'mon now.. he tried to cheat his way to $1k. We understand you're trying to stand up for you buddy, but look at it form our perspective too. This isn't easy for us. This guy almost got his prize before we discovered the exploit he used. We have since patched it and released the update.

Instead of exploiting it, why not tell us about it? We'd hold off the contest till we update and fix it, then re-release it. In our minds, we're not the "scummy" ones. We are not going to be taken advantage.

Thank you

9. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    I love how you say that I cheated my score in Game Center. Lol. I guess all my winnings and highscores were all a lie... :(

So, that means my arch-rival here in toucharcade was also a cheater? Lol.

And, you forgot that @Doomfan on twitter achieved that score on your game too. So I guess he cheated too right?

Cheat. Cheat. Cheat. Cheaters everywhere. Lol.

10. Andromeda101

Andromeda101 Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Completely agree with you guys. If he cheated then he shouldn't be awarded anything!!! I'm glad you guys found that. No wonder he wins all of the high score contests, just cheats...

11. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    #51 iANiMeX, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    I guess everyone that I competed here in toucharcade also cheated? Right? :D

Wouldn't risk my reputation here for cheating.

I just wish that they will still award a winner on their review contest on the 20th. We'll see.

Btw, I just noticed a list of winners in the highscore contest here. Anyone received their prize?

[​IMG]

12. Dontalay

Dontalay Active Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Intern
    United States
    Three people, including me, won the highscore contest. Game Center cent a notification saying we all got to the score of 20 at the same time. Zdn and I have a Toucharcade account, while the third winner did not. They are waiting until the 20th to see if they get a reply from the other winner. If not the price will be split between Zdn and I.