iPhone Tiny Story: when bugs fall in love!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Anthony Charadium, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Anthony Charadium

Anthony Charadium Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    On5
    Hey Guys!

On5 here. You might know us for Spice Bandits, the first multiplayer tower defense game we made with Chillingo, and Draw Mania (formerly Charadium), the draw and guess game we made several years ago.

There are three things that inspire us. Insane ideas (doing stuff nobody dares to do), innovation (going ahead of time, doing stuff nobody else does yet), and retrospective (looking back, doing stuff nobody does any more). If you look close, our products are driven by these three things.

This time our insane experiment on the mobile is Tiny Story. It's a modern take on the good old point and click genre. No more pointer, no more clicks, no hot zones. We had to be creative with the interface, but in the end... It works.

Tiny Story is a story of big love in the tiny world of bugs. You control a small ladybug guy who meets the love of his life and tries to impress her. Explore the locations, solve puzzles, meet more bugs.

We tried to make the game graphics juicy, sunny, and atmospheric. This is an experimental game, and only the first chapter is included. If the feedback is good, we will continue the story. So any feedback is welcome. We understand that it's not packed with action, as many of you would expect from a game announced on this forum, or coming from us, but we even if so, we are pretty sure your family would appreciate it.

Coming to iOS and Android from day one. Currently on approval at Apple. Oh, and it's free. No freemium and no in-app purchases at all, the first chapter is totally free. We'll just probably show a few ad messages during the whole gameplay (or maybe not).

So, please meet "Tiny Story"! Hope you love it!

2. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Looks interesting. I really like Spice Bandits.

3. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    The graphic looks smooth, also it seems has interesting puzzles to be solved. Any exact release date?

4. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Waiting for vid trailer game :)

5. Anthony Charadium

Dec 18, 2009
    On5
    Thanks a lot!!!

What you see in the trailer is actually the gameplay footage!

The plan is to release it within the next few weeks. If there will be no showstoppers, of course.

6. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Oh, very sorry about that, yesterday my computer have a problem and i cannot see this video in threat. But today i can seen that. Look impression :) Waiting to play it.

7. Anthony Charadium

Dec 18, 2009
    On5
    Guys and gals, we have a release date for Tiny Story and it's really close - July 23rd.

We hope you'll find Tiny Story just as relaxing as we have.

Oh, yes, as promised before - the game is totally free.

8. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Sweet... Definitely I'll take a look into this one... :)

9. lokiman

lokiman Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Vampire
    Principality of Zeon
    I can't help myself but I'm a little bit distracted by the graphics - it is not consistent at all. You have nice photo-like backgrounds, flowers, fruits and even some bugs but on the other hand your main character, (some other bugs) and game objects are hand drawn...

But the tap-based gameplay is sure an interesting idea though :D

10. Anthony Charadium

Dec 18, 2009
    On5
    And it's here - Tiny Story is finally released! The wait is over and everyone can now enjoy the colorful ladybug love story. Hope you like it and please let us know your feedback.

Thanks!!

AppStore
    Google Play

Post on TA