How do you guys handle storage constraints?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Desertking24, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    I have a 64 gb iPad and it's already so full I have to delete stuff but it doesn't help that just about all my important apps take up a 1 gb, I have atleast 10 games about a gb a piece that are online working ones like Pokémon Duel, and that's not including my ebooks, and emails, and music. How do you guys fit all the stuff? I was going to turn this into a gaming tablet but I find myself more on Facebook lately and playing my pc and consoles...but I also want to get back into gaming but the memory.

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Regular cleanup ;)
    How many games do you really play at the same time?
    While I don't have music, I have over 300 photos and videos of my kid, plus ~30 games including heavyweights like Baldur's Gate 1&2 , Icewind Dale, Transistor, etc. And I still have 25GB left of the 60 you effectively get.
    Anything I have completed or didn't play in a long while gets purged - with a few rare exceptions like King of Dragon Pass which I play maybe twice a year but always want to have on there just in case.

3. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Maybe.....4 games at the most right now lol.

4. mokoolapps

mokoolapps Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Male
    Mobile App Developer
    1. Backup pictures only computer and backup. This saves lots
    2. Delete apps regularly, especially oncss that take lots of resources. Tough on ones like GarageBand which I don't use but feel I should keep
    3. I got a 128 GB since I had to regularly clean my 32 GB and it was a pain

5. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Email can pile up really fast. Delete everything you don't need, don't forget to empty the send folder and junk as well.

6. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Had a 64GB iPad last, but was eager to upgrade to the 128 GB device. Had to wait a long time for it as companies weren't ready to make devices with that much memory til FINALLY they did! Now with 700+ pictures, who knows how many videos, and probably 4-500 games and other media onboard, I still find myself with probably 15 GB to play with but only 'cause I still play dump-to-get a lot. Most of my games are not 1GB apiece or more, though some are, and I gotta say, some have said I'm a 'hoarder' of games and such, but I like the stuff I have on there, and should be able to have as much as I want these days! I'm definitely ready for a 256 GB iPad now! You know Apple, though, they're notoriously late when it comes to upgrading their memory though lots of folks like me always clamor for more. I don't particularly care for the cloud, though, and I'd rather have lots of memory right outta the box! They should expand memory faster considering that all media takes up much more space than it used to, and they don't seem to be down with adding external memory cards anytime soon! Money's not an issue for me, and I should be able to buy what I want! So for me, it looks just like it did before. I'll have to sit by and wait for companies to catch up again, and when they do, I'll jump on it and grab the next gen device with more space once again! #

7. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    iMessage data can take up a whack of space too, especially if you send a lot of pics.

I recently deleted a bunch of conversations to free up data.

8. mokoolapps

mokoolapps Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Male
    Mobile App Developer
    I had the same issue with computer storage and got fed up and purchased 6 TB drive, but then it crashed. What I found was going to big size for storage (which was more money) was not the solution, it created a bigger heaadache since I lost all my data (lucky it was a backup drive) and I keep two copies. I think they will create bigger, but the technology has to be safe. I now got a 4 TB with recovery insurance. Same type of issue, different place.