BioShock Infinite

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by JBRUU, Mar 22, 2013.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Anyone planning on picking it up? I'm probably going to wait for a Steam sale, just because I can't justify spending $60 on a game when I already have a few others I haven't even started yet, but man Infinite is looking soooo good.

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    No one even remotely a BioShock fan? :(

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I like the idea of Bioshock more than the execution. The setting was interesting, then I got bored backtracking too often. The number of variables in combat was interesting, then the enemy AI seemed to be on Quake levels of stupidity.

I'm not as drawn in by the new setting as I was by Rapture, but I'll check out the reviews at some point, maybe I'll be convinced.

4. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    I've seen the tv commercial and it looks interesting but hey I don't have play station or Xbox and I don't play games on my PC so.....:)
    At the moment I only play games on my lowly itouch 4g and hope to upgrade it sometime!

5. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    I got it 2 days ago for PS3 and about to finish it :D, awesome game and highly recommended better than bioshock 2 and almost as good as the first one

6. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    Picked it up yesterday. Absolutely deserves the great reviews it is getting and is on par with the original Bioshock (yes, let us never speak of Bioshock 2 ever again...)

Except now I can't get the organ version of "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" out of my head...

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I enjoyed Bioshock 2 a lot. It was a solid sequel, fixed a few niggles from Bioshock1 and made the game slightly more combat focused. The thing is, Rapture is never going to be as captivating and mysterious the second time through; you can't fault the game for that.

You never backtracked in the original Bioshock, and I always thought the AI was very good, as did others such as IGN.

8. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah you did, through a few of the central "hub-like" areas that led to 3 or so different locations. That was boring. The AI seemed like nothing more than retarded running and gunning to me, lots of running endless circles around objects. It actually seemed like some of the Big Daddy fights relied on dumb AI to stop them being too difficult. I suppose you could call it a personality trait, but it sure as hell didn't feel all that exciting.

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Well we'll have to agree to disagree then; I sure remember the AI being quite good, each splicer type having their own tactics, running to health stations when injured, hiding, being able to sneak up on them individually, etc.

Plus you have to remember that these guys were drugged up crazies, don't expect too much intelligence ;)

Edit: you want stupid? Try a Gameloft game. Absolute worst AI I've ever seen, except for the NOVA games.

10. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Okay so one question for all you Bioshock fans, which one do you like the most?

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I haven't played Infinite, so Bioshock 1 is my favorite. I like the twist at the end (never saw it coming, I hear Infinite has something similar but I WILL KILL YOU if you spoil it here) and the more strategic, less run and gun combat. Bioshock 2 was a very solid sequel though.

12. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    That part we can definitely agree on. I've heard talk about Bioshock Infinite taking AI to new levels of awesome anyway, so I'm vaguely optimistic.

13. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I really want to grab Infinite, as it was one of my most anyicipated releases of this year, but I might wait just a little bit before I pick it up. Have lots to play at the moment, and it's bound to be on sale in the next few weeks.

14. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Heaps impressed by this, in all honest really only got it day because of the pre purchase deal with XCOM but it really has surpassed my expectations, Irrational are insanely talented