Lessons learned ,thanks given, motivation high for next project

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Krehol Games, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Krehol Games

Krehol Games Well-Known Member

Ok after many threads,comments and posts me and my team have decided what type of game to make. When we 1st started , I thought simple fun games would be a good route. I am capable of much more but lowered my thinking because I assumed thats what buyers wanted. We 1st started learning coding and game making , I wanted to make console like games like the ones in super Nes or the Arcade games I seen. Action packing 2D games were my thrill. I lowered my thinking to accommodate buyers. That probaly was my biggest mistake.
    For opening my eyes I guess I have to thank certain people. I thank Forsaken media , even though I didnt realize they had my back, they actually did. I thank Hodapp for beening straight honest about what type of games he reviews. Basically Hodapp is saying give me something deep and I will help you with exposure. I thank 99 cents gamer for sticking up for me. I thank everyone whos stuck up for me.
    The biggest thanks is actually not thanks but motivation. Mr.Ugly has pissed me off , but its a good thing. He talks as if I released crap even though its been on new and noteworthy. Even though I have have 7 5stars and 1 4 star reviews. He claims its fake , my game isnt that good. My fire is has always been lit , he has added the extra wood to it. I have decided to make what I originally wanted to make. A action packed 2D game that is console quality.
    I am very happy I came here , gives me more perspective. Now my next journey into coding begins , I feel refreshed and fired up. I know this next game will take months to complete. Now I go off into the rocketship and head for the stars. The sky is the limit for most people , but its just the starting point for me.

2. u2elan

u2elan Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    iOS Developer
    Portland, OR
    I admire your drive and enthusiasm dude. It's inspirational.

I can totally relate. We're on the verge of launching our first iOS game which I'll post info on soon, but I've totally got the marketing jitters. Will people like it, buy it, write about it etc.

Your post is certainly alleviating my anxiety. :)

3. Kikekun

Kikekun Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Yeah, cool stuff, man!
    Pro Zombie Soccer guy here, when we started developing for the iPhone everybody in our team thought it would be a better idea to focus on making fast and very simple games, although after a second thought we decided to go for the tricky route, making a polished and "big" project with no money at all, only investing our free time on it.
    After 10 months of hard work, pain and tears Pro Zombie Soccer was finished and we never have regretted our decision since. The best part is that we intend to keep making great and polished games giving them our 200%.
    We barely earn enough money to pay the cheap rent though, but being an independent developer is the most fun I have had in my life :D

4. Krehol Games

Krehol Games Well-Known Member

Good luck guys

Alright goodluck on your games guys. Remember when you game comes out there are about 20 major iphone sites forums to hit. Go and put the link to your games in each and every one of them. If you got a video post it on those sites too. If you dont have a video , find a way to make 1. My game didnt do well until I made a video , put it on youtube and pushed it out there.