Universal Supermagical (by Gala Pocket)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TheFrost, Jun 22, 2012.

1. tabtabtabby

tabtabtabby New Member

Aug 24, 2012
    reply me please, thanks.

2. Kikekun

Kikekun Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    No, sorry, no iCloud support just yet. It's planned, though.

3. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    #343 nao, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
    Indeed as the devs said, this game can be completed without IAP. This is true.
    But if you want to ENJOY the game while you are finishing it, with many of the items in the store which are there to tempt you, you are forced to buy IAP.

I'll not even get into the grind. Yes, the colours that you can shoot are random, but each starting stage is exactly the same. The preset colours and patterns are there everytime you start that exact same stage.

The fun ends right when you buy that tiger. This is in part due to the increasingly large gold sinks the game cleverly disguise as "items required to proceed". This is what many players call the "pay wall".
    Like many others, I would have gladly paid a premium price for an economy designed without IAP in mind.

This game has its charms, but once I realized grinding (not fun) was involved to make the game fun, I stopped playing. I am content though, as I felt I've played my $.99 worth.

4. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Content (satisfied), not contempt (disgust)?

5. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Lol you are right, thanks for the lesson!

6. bokonon

bokonon Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Hi, I just wanted to say that I saw the game mentioned here, so I bought for my kids and they loved it!

Perhaps you should consider lowering the price of some items, as it can get a bit pricey.

Great work and thanks for making a family friendly game!

7. Wildfyre

Wildfyre New Member

Sep 6, 2012
    I am absolutely stuck at Square Tower. I really loved the game but I just can't get past that level. No matter what I try I can't get the last two to land where they need to

8. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I thought I was dumb.
    I'm stuck at Watch Tower too.
    I know where I have to fire the gem obviously but no matter what I do, the Minix always get 'sucked' in the upper one.
    The only times I was able to get it in the right position, the last one get stuck in it, not going in the right spot.

Never had a problem whatsoever before.

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    LOL I'm dumb.
    There is an alternate, super EASY, way to complete the level.
    Took me a week to realized it.

10. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Haha...yeah, sometimes you just need to leave the game alone for a while and the solution comes by itself!

11. micahsa

micahsa New Member

May 9, 2012
    Yeah, thats BS and I 100% disagree. I beat the game without any IAP and never felt pressured to purchase at all. I am now enjoying going for 3 stars on all levels and may decide to get some additional hats (I have autocollect now) but again, have never once been drawn to purchase IAP.

What if they just removed the IAP ability and still required you to have the cat/key/dragon to enter different areas? Because that's essentially the game I'm playing.

In my opinion, the IAP is NOT agressive, is NOT a requirement, and is NOT detrimental to this game.

Feel free to tell me I'm actually not having fun.

12. micahsa

micahsa New Member

May 9, 2012
    True and done.

Not true. I have greatly enjoyed the game to completion and have enjoyed earning a ton of coins while getting 3 stars on levels, which means I can afford additional hats and items.

Were the game to make the tiger cost 50k coins or require some insane amount of playtime to grind enough coins then I would probably be irritated, but it just doesn't take that long.

Maybe its because I'm from the NES generation where almost every game had some level or item or stage that required a significant amount of efford and/or time to beat/acquire. Because this game in comparison is not a big deal, with like 15 extra minutes of play time to move on and thats only if you've gone and purchased a bunch of items along the way.

13. tetsujin007

tetsujin007 Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Game center achievements

Does anyone know how many game center achievements there are in the game?

thanks!

14. micahsa

micahsa New Member

May 9, 2012
    Bubble gum is the key. It destroys everything and took me about 5 seconds after getting down to 15:18 at my best.

15. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    38 Achievements! :)

16. Revlisoft

Revlisoft Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Upgraded to ios 6.0 GM and redownloaded again. Still crashes at the same place.

17. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Fix submitted!

18. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    The fix for iOS 6 users is out now.

19. Revlisoft

Revlisoft Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Thanks. Works great now. Awesome game!

20. Mithel

Mithel Active Member

May 9, 2012
    How does this game play in the iPhone as compared to the iPad? Looking at the screenshots, it seems like it may play better with the larger screen, and unfortunately I don't have acess to one.