Universal Rudoku: A Numbers and Logic Game (Cerebral Gardens)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by CerebralGardens, Oct 15, 2015.

1. CerebralGardens

Mar 24, 2009
    iOS/Mac Developer
    Bradford, Ontario
    [​IMG]

Rudoku is an expert level puzzle challenge for fans of numbers and logic games for iPhone and iPad. Multiple game modes, difficulty levels, and board sizes will keep your brain stimulated as you decipher the numeric solutions to each puzzle. Maintaining high gameplay stats and earning multiple achievements will make Rudoku your go-to brain teaser.

Take your time and see how long it takes you to solve a puzzle in Relaxed Mode. Speed and accuracy come into play in Race Mode when your goal is to solve the puzzle before time runs out. Endless Mode makes each game board increasingly difficult to solve.

[​IMG]

KEY FEATURES

Endless Playability

Puzzles will never repeat. Multiple game modes, difficulty levels, and board sizes keep the challenge fresh and your brain sharp.

Game Play Stats

In game stats will let you know the duration of each game, how many moves you made, your win percentage, and more.

Dark and Light Colour Modes

This great accessibility feature makes the screen easier on your eyes in the dark.

Multiple Achievements

Earn awards and Game Centre points a number of different ways including level achievements and stats challenges.

No In-App Purchases

Pay once and play. No need to waste time on ads or pesky in-app purchasing gimmicks.

[​IMG]

Download on the App Store

www.rudoku.com

2. CerebralGardens

Mar 24, 2009
    iOS/Mac Developer
    Bradford, Ontario
  3. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I just redeemed one! I'll give it a try right away but unfortunately I am super busy today, so I won't play it long.

4. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Excellent game! At first I was like "I won't understand this game" but then I found out it's very easy to play but very challenging at the same time. I really like it, that's a 5 stars to me for all those puzzle/brainer games! Well done devs.

5. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    #5 Jerutix, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    I think this looks like something I'd be interested in, but I don't understand it at all from the pictures. Is there a video or anything?

Edit: Went to the website and watched the video. I still don't understand. You should maybe consider a lite version or something?

6. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    All codes redeemed...just one reply :/

7. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Easy, all number touching those red shapes make the total sum. So if the numbers are 5,6,1,1,9 that will be 22 all. So if you have to make 27 then you'll have to switch some numbers to get the right total everywhere. I also couldn't understand until I actually played it.

8. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    In other words, it's a Sudoku like kind of game

9. CerebralGardens

Mar 24, 2009
    iOS/Mac Developer
    Bradford, Ontario
    @djstout, thanks for the kind words! Always scary releasing an app, never know if people will like it or hate it!

10. CerebralGardens

Mar 24, 2009
    iOS/Mac Developer
    Bradford, Ontario
    @Jerutix I know it's kind of hard to understand how to play from the video/screenshots, there's a very extensive tutorial in the app to try and explain it. But like @djstout says, it's a matter of swapping the numbers around to hit the correct totals in each of the core (red/green) hexagons.

I figure it'll appeal to Sudoku fans, but it's definitely different from Sudoku, for 1, it uses basic math (Sudoku uses numbers normally, but can be played with letters/colours/shapes since there's no math involved). And 2, most Rudoku boards have multiple solutions, there isn't a single solution for every board (every board has a solution of course).

11. CerebralGardens

Mar 24, 2009
    iOS/Mac Developer
    Bradford, Ontario
    I've added 10 more codes to the original link. Thank @djstout for making me smile. :)

12. Devilco

Devilco New Member

Aug 21, 2015
    I redeemed one thank you kind dev

13. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    Hi there. I redeemed a code. Honestly thought there wouldn't be any left but figured I'd try :)

I've been playing for a few levels and I have to say that so far I love the game.

The way it references Sudoku is clever, but it's very much its own game. As a couple of other people have noted it's actually quite hard to describe the mechanic without playing and I think you might be wise to have a lite version available.

For me, the satisfaction of getting the numbers manipulated correctly and seeing the core numbers go green is almost physical. It appeals to my OCD nature to make everything right on the screen.

It's really nicely presented with simple, elegant visuals and menus and I'm glad you popped in some achievements - always nice to have that little extra to earn.

So, I'm a fan as I really like number puzzle games. If you do too I'd definitely say give this a try. I can't see it leaving my iPhone for some time as it has plenty of difficulty options to keep you coming back. And the core number switching mechanic is just very, very satisfying.

Thanks Dev. Great game.

14. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Thank you very much. I redeemed one of the new sets of codes. The game caught my eye on screens and the blend of Soduku alone. I will play a bit and give some impressions. Again thanks very much as this is my in between checks week. I am grateful. :)

15. Nergal

Nergal Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2014
    Redeemed a code because I'm fan of number games. I'm not much of a Sodoku fan though, and this game definitely does feel Sodoku like, but it's also different at the same time.
    The UI and sound aren't as slick as in some games, but very serviceable. I'll be playing some more, but the game just didn't hook me like some games. Honestly it just might be tough for me, not that the games hard to learn. I'll enjoy playing some more and see where it takes me.

16. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    The description helped. I grabbed one of the new codes, and I've finished my first round. This game is tough!

I felt like I'd accomplished something when I finished the round, so that's good. I'm going to play more, for sure. Very clever idea; very tricky.

17. kaspalone

kaspalone Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    #17 kaspalone, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    All codes redeemed!... this one looks great!... guess im gonna head to the store and grab it myself.

thanks for letting me know of its existence!.

18. CerebralGardens

Mar 24, 2009
    iOS/Mac Developer
    Bradford, Ontario
    @djstout, may I have permission to quote you in our marketing material?

19. CerebralGardens

Mar 24, 2009
    iOS/Mac Developer
    Bradford, Ontario
    @Remote_ Thanks for the review! Mind if I use your message in our marketing?

20. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    CerebralGardens,

I am curious about the game, but I have a couple of questions.

Given that there is an endless mode, does it mean that the puzzles are algorithmically generated? If so, does this apply to the core puzzles as well?

For complex puzzle games, algorithmically generated levels are often very monotonic. Once the player sees the underlying pattern by which the puzzles are generated, they become very mechanical to solve and are not very fun to play.

On the other hand, handcrafted puzzles are extremely important for the game to be enjoyable. In many ways, it is like the player battling against the game creator's creativity when solving a level.