Universal Road of Kings (by Dancing Sorcerer Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 17, 2014.

1. kurtalb1

kurtalb1 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Michigan
    I'm finding the game very enjoyable. I'm on my tenth playthrough and every adventure has played out very differently. From early deaths on Delm Island to surviving the 100 days, being crowned king once, it has all been a blast. Anyone who is a fan of adventure board games, choose your own adventure games or fantasy literature should give Road of Kings a whirl.

2. kurtalb1

Apr 16, 2013
    Michigan
    It's very cool to see Dancing Sorcerer on this forum. Kudos for making a fun game and I'm looking forward to seeing where you take the game in the future.

3. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I stopped listening to Nacht impressions once I realized he was a Keith Burgun shill. :D

Still haven't played this game more than 5 minutes so... I have nothing.

4. LostRide

LostRide Member

Apr 17, 2012
    This is literally a great iOS board game conversion. For those wondering about some of the systems behind the game play (like combat, etc), look up Barbarian Prince on Google. This game uses the exact same systems as that board game, so you can see how combat is actually decided with dice rolls, etc.

Barbarian Prince is actually free to download and Print and Play, so you can take a look at a ton of the rules and whatnot which no doubt influenced/are duplicated in this iOS game.

5. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    It was like a Solitaire game book/board game, remember seeing it at the hobby shop, mid-80's. Bet there is a ton of obscure games like barbarian prince that are ideal for conversion.

6. kurtalb1

Apr 16, 2013
    Michigan
    It's nice to see others who are familiar with Barbarian Prince other than myself (and the devs, of course). It was/is a great game and Road of Kings improves on its design. I'm looking forward to seeing how DSG continues to improve and expand on its already excellent game play.

7. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Game Designer
    Germany
    One, silly claim. Two, dumb reason anyway. Three, I couldn't care less, as long as the developers agree with me as much as it seems to be the case here. :)

8. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I was being facetious. ;)

9. kurtalb1

Apr 16, 2013
    Michigan
    I'm happy to see that even though I've played 15 games, I'm still coming across events I've never seen before. There are strategies that I didn't understand until I played more and, although I've only been crowned King twice, I can generally make it to the 100 day mark. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the game and having a lot of fun with it. If Dancing Sorcerer applies at least some of the updates/changes they are considering, then it will make a good game even better.

10. kurtalb1

Apr 16, 2013
    Michigan
    Had consecutive victories for the first time after over 30 games. I've still never completed the Khors artifacts quest. I either don't have time to make it to the three locations or I've died trying. Anybody completed those three?

11. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I haven't, since you pretty much have to gear your game like that from the beginning to give you enough time, and then get lucky enough to have that event happen without wasting too much time in a tavern. And you still probably have to make it to a port town even after getting all three, but I'm not sure.

I have had two of the items at one time and was making really good progress toward getting the third in one game, but then I died trying to get the third, since it was in the desert and those areas drain you of food and men FAST.

12. DSGPaul

DSGPaul Member

Jan 15, 2014
  13. kurtalb1

Apr 16, 2013
    Michigan
    There is a new update out which allows you to use items during combat (among other things).

14. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Yep, just saw it this morning. Will definitely have to play to see how the new stuff works out.

15. 1.2 Update and Weekend Sale!

1.2 Update and Weekend Sale!

Greeting Toucharcade!

I'm Michael Woods from Dancing Sorcerer games and we've just released the 1.2 update to Road of Kings last night!

Thanks a ton for the support over the last couple months; we did our best to get in content based on feedback into this update. We also put the game on sale this weekend so if you've been on the fence, please give it a try!

You can see details on the update here:

http://www.dancingsorcerer.com/devblog/version-1-2/

iTunes (Universal)
    GooglePlay
    Amazon

16. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
  17. warpkitty

warpkitty New Member

Aug 12, 2016
    makin' gamze
    tree... space!
    are u ok?

does anyone know where this went?

devs r u ok? R U OK
    i hope u are because your game is really fun ( :

why isn't it on every platform? i went looking everywhere for it to show a friend because we were talking about reigns

did u guys stop making rok and go date people on tinder and then be like ohhhhhh and then make reigns?

jk : ) bring your amazing game back please!

18. ProgPariah77

ProgPariah77 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Just updated to an iPhone 7, only to learn that Road of Kings is no longer accessible on the iTunes Store. Devs, I hope that it has only been pulled temporarily ...