Universal Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (by Rockstar)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NeppyFX, Dec 5, 2012.

1. squabs

squabs Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    It runs without crashing, playable but doesn't look great, the framerate drops from time to time

2. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Updating an ipod 4 would (among other things, I'm no fan of 6.0) probably be a big hit to performance on an ipod with the limited memory the 4 does.

If you could install a signed version of 5.x, that would probably be a better route to take.

3. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    And why would a consumer be worried about piracy on his or her own device anyway?

4. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Doesn't matter, it still rewquires a lot of space. 5.1.1 to 6.+ on my iphone requires 2.5 gb.

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Still needs a bunch of space for delta updates?

6. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Yeah I had to delete the infinity project 2 for the update

7. jack000

jack000 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009

no i really walked up the whole area and there are no guns. i think this is the same bug that was mentioned with the hymen condo if you get the guns before buying the condo all guns you earned earlier just don't appear. anyone else having this problem?

8. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    You clearly misunderstood my post. It is the developers who would be worried about piracy not the consumer. Just using common sense, the only thing detering people from upgrading to iOS 6 is the inability to jailbreak (to get apps for free, mostly at least). If you are worried about performance, well, rockstar has updated vice city to perform well on iPod touch 4. Do you see where I am coming from?

9. squabs

squabs Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012

I'm jail broken on 5.1.1 I don't use it for cracked apps, I like to be able to tweak my device and run my own homemade apps. The update stopped the blood and lights hack from working(touch 4) trying to figure out where the setting are stored now

10. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Huh... so that's why I haven't updated? Learn something new every day.

DBC

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    :rolleyes:
    This is a far too common misconception. I jailbroke my iPod 4 and iPad 3 to get the tweaks, plain and simple. iOS without a jailbkreak is pretty useless as a productivity device. With jailbreak and iFile+a few other tweaks, it has amazing functionality. Please don't lump all us jailreakers into the pirate category. I guess you'd have to consider every Android owner a pirate as well.

12. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    :rolleyes:
    How about rereading what I wrote? I said mostly, I didn't say all jailbreakers are off to get free apps.
    Moreover, jailbreaking isn't attractive nowadays anyway. With newer iOS, the incentive to jailbreak isn't as attractive as it was:rolleyes:

13. squabs

squabs Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Lack of a jailbreak is exactly why I'm holding off buying a new device

14. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Now now people, how about someone just be nice enough to send me a map showing every location to get weapon? (if one exists) Roaming is fun and all but gunning is a must.

15. You should get packages, then you get guns at your hideout

Go on GameFAQ's, there's a great map on there showing the locations of them

16. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    *facepalm* can't believe I forgot GameFAQ... thanks mate.

17. red_mark

red_mark Member

Jan 7, 2013
    That is exactly the problem I was having and I have no idea why!! But I persevered and eventually managed to stay in the sky long enough to complete the mission!! Maybe I thought i was pressing accelerate but wasn't, it's hard to tell with touchscreens sometimes!!

18. red_mark

red_mark Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Well done, glad you manged to do it. :)

19. PedroCst

PedroCst Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Portugal
    Actually many Android owners are complete noobs, so forget it. A friend of mine owns a SGS III. No paid apps nor rooting.
    But you're right. iOS doesn't make things easy for productivity, as you have to open app by app what you want. It works, and if you're reading .pdfs or working on Pages/Keynote for some time it's flawless, but when it comes to open files... you got the point.

Now, what about Rockstar making a $.99 sale on this game? I'm dying to get my hands on it! :p

20. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    It's worth $5 bucks. Get it:D