iPhone Great Battles Medieval iPad (Slitherine)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Slitherine Iain, May 4, 2012.

1. jeannyguard

jeannyguard Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Slitherine please do a Great Battles American Civil War Game! That would ROCK!

2. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    FWIW, Slitherine commented this week that the Devs are now focused on this game after having to work on a different game recently which is what caused the delay....no time table was given other than it should not be much longer.

I guess we will see....

3. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    Any update on this Iain and co?

4. Slitherine Iain

Slitherine Iain Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    I had another build yesterday. Still not happy with the UI so we're working to improve it and make it easier to control squads. Progress is being made but we don't want to release before its ready.

5. Tutt22

Tutt22 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Is this one still in development?

6. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    Wow the game looks stunning - hope it is....

7. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Hi Iain - just curious to see if the iPad port was still in development?

8. Slitherine Iain

Apr 10, 2011
    Yes we're basically done except for a performance issue we're trying to solve. Its proving a bit tricky to track down but we;re still working on it.

9. Twenty One

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    Finally!

Great news Iain...it's about time!!

Thanks again for the updates and keep up the good work!

Other than Real Racing 3 this has been one of the few iOS games I really care about and I can't wait to finally see this on my iPad!:D

10. Twenty One

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    #50 Twenty One, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    Start the HYPE!!

This game really needs more hype now that it is close....

I don't think some people understand how awesome this game will be on a touch screen!:D

11. Twenty One

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    Hey, Iain

Now that Legion is out could we get an update on GBM? Any luck with the bug hunting/performance issue? Thanks as always! :)

12. Slitherine Iain

Apr 10, 2011
    This one is tricky because its a 3rd party developer and they are not free to work on it till next week. We're pushing to get it all sorted but its out of our direct control unlike BA and Legion, which are internally developed. We're pushing really hard so hope to have some news soon.

13. Twenty One

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    Thank you very much as always, Iain.

Ahhhhh, that clears up something I've been curious about which is what games exactly do you develop in-house and which ones you just publish....

But, again, thank you for your efforts because I've never been a PC gamer and its nice to get many great strategy games on iOS thanks to you guys....especially the ones that are perfectly suited for touchscreen input.:D

I still think Battle Academy is the BEST game on the App Store! It's a true shame that this site has never covered it but I am not surprised either...:rolleyes: And I am loving Legion as well!

Tell the HGBM Devs they must not like money because that game will sell very well in my humble opinion....so CRACK THAT WHIP!!

14. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    Can't get enough of Slitherlines iOS strategy lineup.

You guys rock!

15. Slitherine Iain

Apr 10, 2011
    Thanks guys. We did develop the PC version internally but didn't want to invest resources in the 360 and PS3 versions and as a result the porting company now knows the code base and we don't so they also did Android and iOS but that does slow things down.

16. BigVaney1

BigVaney1 New Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Seattle
    Not me really my genre, but definitely worth a look!

17. mac01

mac01 Active Member

This looks great, can't see the video though as it's set to private?? Are you looking for beta testers?:)

18. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World

All of your posts are asking for promo codes! Your not even supposed to go begging for codes never mind for games that are not even out.

19. Twenty One

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    New info....getting close to release!

Here is some new info from Slitherine's site...not much longer!:D

The iPad version of one of our historical hits, Great Battles Medieval, will soon be released on iTunes!

Great Battles Medieval is a blend of RPG and deep Real-Time Strategy that allows you to lead the English army during the Hundred Years War. With more than 20 different units, an almost infinite number of equipment combinations and the most detailed and realistic medieval combat model ever created this game will excite veterans and newcomers. IAP’s allow you to lead the French, purchases additional mercenary units and boost your gold reserves.
    The game was originally designed to be played with either mouse or game pads, and this has made the cross over to touch screens much more seamless than for some strategy titles. This is a must have for every iWargamers everywhere!

Following the lead of Battle Academy, Legion and Conquest!, Great Battles Medieval is another step for Slitherine in its aim to bring its Classics to new audiences.

For more information on Great Battles Medieval for iPad, visit the official product page:

http://www.slitherine.com/games/hgbm_iPad

20. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Hell yeah! Wonder how soon this will be out ?