KRPGS that don't suck

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Soarel, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Soarel

Soarel Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Hello! I really need a suggestion here. I loved the first Zenonia, Wild Frontirr, and EpicHearts. I
    Went to websites such as iosrpg.com to find more after the zenonia sequels disappointed me.

However , all the similar KRPG/action rpg games are ports of cellphone games with clunky interfaces and horrible iAP.

Anything similar to Zenonia WF and EpicHearts that Doesn't have a clunky interface or intrusive IAP?

2. SteveAtBoxcat

SteveAtBoxcat Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Los Angeles
    #2 SteveAtBoxcat, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    Hey Soarel... I'm coming out with a game pretty soon that's close to a KRPG (sort of)... Let me know if you are interested. It's called Nameless: the Hackers

3. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Crimsonheart is really good, I'd definitely recommend that. I'm not entirely sure it's a KRPG (I really can't tell the differences between them) but it's really good anyway. Try it!

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Also AurumBlade and Dragon Knight 4 are worthy.

Secret of Mana isn't a "krpg" but it has a similar action emphasis you might enjoy.

5. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    Illusia is my favorite KRPG, or was. It seems broken and unupdated. There's an Illusia 2 out, and it was released before Gamevil got particularly bad with iap, but I haven't played it yet.

6. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    trust me this one I recommend is probably the best KRPG
    no heavy grinding at all and well polished interface, the name of the game is---destinia.
    I really hope they can make more games like destinia, but they are too selfish to make any effort to reach my dream.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Crimsonheart and Master of Dungeon are the two best KRPGs, mostly because they are different as these have 360-degree movement. Followed by EpicHearts, Wild Frontier, Aurum Blade and Zenonia 1 in no particular order.

Take note that once you have played either Crimsonheart or Master of Dungeon, other KRPGs will feel a bit more "clunky" as those two will spoil you with their great controls.

8. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Oh. My. God. Master of Dungeon is exactly what I was looking for and it's amazing. Too bad it isn't iPhone 5 native. Althought with Fullforce it looks great.