Which browser you like most?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by dreamerdonkey, Dec 29, 2012.

1. dreamerdonkey

dreamerdonkey Member

Dec 5, 2012
    I recently got a iPad 2 and I am totally new at it. I am not fond of iOS because most of the time I use windows. I generally use my iPad for surfing net. But unfortunately I don't like the default browser. So I want to change it. Some guys recommended to use opera, google chrome and mozilla firefox. I try google chrome and it was okay. But is there any other good browser rather than those. Please help me find one. And one thing the apps don't have to be free. If the browser is good than I can purchase it. So please share your opinion :D

2. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Atomic or iCab.

3. jackbear

jackbear Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    marketing officer~
    Indonesia
    most often I use google chrome, sometimes mozilla for some webs aaaaannddd IE for... download both of them

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It would help if we knew why you don't like Mobile Safari. You say that Chrome is "okay": what makes it better than Safari, and why aren't you satisfied with it?

The reason I asked is that if your issue with the default browser is the underlying engine, then your options are really very few. iOS browsing is built around WebKit, and pretty much every browser uses it as its foundation. I believe that Opera is the exception, but if I remember correctly it uses off-device prerendering, which may make it faster but raises privacy issues.

I've been using Mercury as my default iOS browser, which I find to be a small improvement over Safari (for example, it has tabs on iPhone).

5. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Safari has a turbo script to make safari run faster than all other browsers on ios. So I use safari all the time, even though on Mac I always use chrome.

Safari - faster

Chrome - better synchronization

6. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    The killer feature for me is the ability to increase font size permanently, so it is Atomic and Perfect browser for me.

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Mercury, easily.

8. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Safari or chrome.

9. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    i use Dolphin as my primary. the main reasons:

-full screen
    -gesture/drawing commands for browsing (great for full screen navigation)
    -swipe from left to open bookmarks list, swipe from right to open tabs list
    -supports downloading, unlike safari, and is pretty smart about opening files (such as pdfs) in other apps
    -home page where you can have bookmarks, like in chrome
    -"webzine" feature lets you subscribe to blogs and other sites. i dont use it much but it could be good for other people.

it's really excellent. chrome is pretty good too. though it doesnt have most of the above features, it does offer desktop syncing which has been helpful at times. so chrome is secondary for me.

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    On iPod, Safari. On browser I switch between Mozilla and Chrome.

11. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    As clunky as it is, i find Puffin browser great for whenever I need full integrated flash

12. Blue Jungle Studios

Blue Jungle Studios Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Making Games :-)
    I do prefer Chrome as it syncs nicely with my ipad, mac and iphone! :)

13. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Does your battery drain quickly after using Puffin? I found that the only way to return my iPad to normal is to reboot it after that.

14. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    How quickly does yours drain? My iPod Touch 5g still has a similiar battery life after using Puffin. I think... Ill try rebooting and see if it increases for me