Universal Zen Koi - Breed and Collect Koi! (23 April Global Launch)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LandSharkGames, Apr 21, 2015.

1. LandSharkGames

LandSharkGames Active Member

Apr 21, 2015
    #1 LandSharkGames, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    EDIT: Zen Koi is out now! Download now to receive limited edition Koi patterns!
    iTunes Link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/zen-koi-tranquil-aquatic-journey/id896575207?mt=8

Hey everyone!

We are a small indie studio based in Singapore. We've been working on Zen Koi for the past two years, and it will finally be launching globally this week on 23rd April!

[​IMG]

Zen Koi is a simulation game that provides players a relaxing, Zen-like experience to rear ornamental Japanese carp. The heart of Zen Koi is a collection game. You can get your Koi to hunt for food, breed with other Koi and finally transform it into a dragon form. You can also swap Koi with your friends to complete your collection.

Here's a gameplay video:

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It will be a free game, so do check it out when we launch!

(Psst! At launch, there will be a limited edition Koi pattern that you can get!)

2. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    :O this looks awesome! i hope for native ipad support!

3. LandSharkGames

Apr 21, 2015
    Thanks!

Yes, the game supports iPad natively, and it's optimized for Retina displays!

4. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    #4 ramzarules, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    perfect! but if it's free with no ads, will it have IAPs to unlock the full premium game? And what about the controls? Please tell me it has V-stick and you dont have to have your finger on the spot you want to go.

5. LandSharkGames

Apr 21, 2015
    In Zen Koi, "pearls" can be used for purchases such as speed boosts and additional koi slots. These pearls are available as IAPs, but you can also earn them through in-game achievements as you play! We want to provide a very calming experience for players, so you can definitely enjoy the full game without spending money if you don't want to.

Regarding controls, you simply tap on a spot to move your koi to that location. There's no need to keep your finger on the screen! Also, if you tap on a prey, your koi will auto-chase it. No V-sticks needed. :cool:

I hope that answers your questions!

6. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Thanks a lot for all the answers! I will definitely try it out when it launches, and the reason i asked for V-stick is because in those beautiful games, it's almost a shame to cover the playing area with your finger - maybe you consider adding it in the future if more people ask for it :)

7. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Thanks for your information. I'll be one user of this game on Thursday. :D

8. LandSharkGames

Apr 21, 2015
    We'll definitely be keeping a look out for that. Thanks for the feedback! Do let us know how you feel about the controls once you've tried it!

9. LandSharkGames

Apr 21, 2015
    Awesome!

Please, if anyone else has any more questions, I'd be more than happy to answer!

10. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Koi, I love that koi... Gonna try this for sure on Thursday :D

Regarding the control, I think tap to move is the best control option since the game is a Zen alike. Don't get me wrong, a virtual stick is great too but for a Zen game it's better to use tap to move control IMO :)

11. LandSharkGames

Apr 21, 2015
    Glad you like it! :D

We too felt that tapping was the most natural way to control the koi. In fact, most players just "get it" without any prompting!

12. LandSharkGames

Apr 21, 2015