How come we never get the games that matter?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Sainter, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sure when the Balloon Boy incident came out we all got to escape in our balloons while really hiding in a cupboard.

We demand more though, it has been over 48 hours since the incident so who else thinks we deserve to have Tigers Woods Hit 'n Run on our iDevices?
    If any devs are out there please make this game, playable with 2-27 characters, depending on how many affairs your version has.
    Why not play with Tiger Woods, trying to dodge your crazy wife as you try to escape down the driveway. Or even try and cover up your schemes by sending voicemails to your 'other ladies' in secret.
    Play as the wife and try to cause as much damage to his car.
    Play as one of the women having an affair with Tiger and why not try and shake heaps of cash out of his pockets.

Who else thinks we need a game like this, just to keep the iPhone as a hip and current device?

Oh and devs you are free to use these ideas

2. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Cause there's a thing called respect.

If you were Tiger Woods, would you like this sort of thing going on? Come on, give it a break.

3. Sainter

Dec 8, 2008
    Yeah I wouldn't like it... but something like this is bound to pop out on the App Store

4. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I seriously don't get why people are into celebrity's lives. Leave them alone. He's having an affair? Let him deal with it! Don't let the whole freaking world deal with it.

Money is making people drunk. News shows are only stalking Tiger Woods because they're making a butt load of money off of it. If they didn't get a cent, they wouldn't care at all.

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Cashing in with quick, cheaply-made games about the latest gossip? Sounds like a nightmare to me... did you see the Kanye app? That was the last thing we wanted.

6. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    I understand the amusement there is to having a game like that, but it seems a bit unfair to Tiger. He's been such a good role model... <3

7. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    I'm not sure what point you're trying to make... but there's enough garbage on the App Store already. Give it a rest.

8. Sainter

Dec 8, 2008
    Oh and just for those who don't know, this is just a joke thread about how we are bound to get an app like this on the App Store just like always. Good example is the Kayne West app

9. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I think the reason it really matters here is that many people looked up to him. I did a bit. I had alot of respect for him. Well, I did at least. When he's that famous and is that big of a figure, when something like that happens, news gets out. And when you really respect someone and you hear this, it's big news.

I'm not one to give a crap about celebrities lives and who's with who and who's breaking up, but when such a respected person has an affair this big, it really is news to those who looked up to him.

10. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    +1 on that.

I couldn't give a toss who is having an affair with who, who is secretely gay, who just got divorced, who accidently flashed their nipple to the press etc.

I just get on with my own life, and let others get on with theirs.

11. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    the guy who made that game also made that damn app about the fart-eating panda :p

oh and he got banned from TA for insults

i got the kanye app when it was free and it sucks, the controls suck and it looks like it was thrown together in a day, plus the dev is being stupid and posted a "wonderful" 5 star review, its obvious its fake[/rant]

12. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Quit being a little prick, god d***