The best television series ever.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Kartel, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

#41 Spamcan, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
    It's only a handful of episodes but if you don't want to buy the DVDs or pirate them it's an option. Between the excellent writing, incredible voice over work and art deco backdrop the show still holds it's own.
    http://www.thewb.com/shows/batman-the-animated-series/
    http://dcbeyond.kidswb.com/video

For the record I have all of Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Batman Beyond, Justice League and JLU on DVD. I'm certainly not advocating pirating it!

2. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    if I had to choose only one it would definitely be Arrested Development - no show since has made me laugh as hard as it. Community comes close.

Others would be Dexter, Breaking Bad, and Fringe.

Anybody catch the latest episode of Breaking Bad?

3. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Yup. Gus is awesome.

4. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Agree:
    The Wire
    The West Wing
    The Sopranos

Disagree:
    Lost (Started well and went down-hill)

Also rate:
    Battlestar Gallictica (new one).
    M.A.S.H is an older one (1972 - 83), but was a hit for years.

5. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Curb Your Enthusiasm

6. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Type in Project Free TV into google, and your favorite movie/tv series. I've been watching a bunch of seasons of friends on it, and I also watched the Hangover on it. Video quality is ok, depends which site hosts the video.

7. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    #47 crex, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
    Agreed on FPOBA. BEST THEME SONG EVER! Also one of my top 5 fav series of all time along with Whose Line is it Anyway, That 70's Show, Everybody Hates Chris (maybe, I know I'm forgetting one so this is probably 6 or 7), and The Simpsons of course! :D

And just for the heck of it:

EDIT: Just remembered, instead of EHC, it's Pokemon! :D

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Just watched it all^. Gotta love the head move at the end.

9. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Yep. Loved every single part of that intro. Best theme song ever, right next to Pokemon. :D

10. Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    The Fresh Prince of Bel Air
    Married... With Children
    The Simpsons
    Malcom in the middle
    Everybody Hates Chris

11. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    LOL. It's funny cuz I never reallly got into Malcom in the Middle but the theme song was so catchy!!! :D

We have get a thread going with the best theme songs ever! :D

12. Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    In the words of Vovin: You named it = your responsibility.

13. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    His words mean nothing.

He's also the one who said: "you are allowed 1 Fail every thousand posts"

Which has nothing to do with it, but he hates me for some odd reason so I'd just like to point out that post.

14. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    You know it just came to me what the best program actually is I can't believe it slipped my mind in my earlier post.

Top Gear

15. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

like I said my usual sites dont have it. They are sidereel, tv duck and project free tv. And none have links to megavideo or the other usual sites. Anyone got another useful site??

16. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Now that the US has bought the rights for Torchwood, the gore level HAS gone way down. Seriously, watch previous series' and you'll see how much better the show was before the US piped in (no offence). Nonetheless, I am still enjoying the episodes anyway.

Life on Mars is excellent. However, Ashes to Ashes (a follow-up series) was not nearly as good.

Yeah well, for us a series is 4 - 10 episodes made in that year. Then next year there'll be another set of episodes (a series). I don't see how there could be any other way.

17. Spamcan

I've seen all of Torchwood, the first two series were not that great. Children of Earth was a huge leap forward for the show. I've enjoyed all of it but it's Doctor Who origins held it back from it's true potential early on IMO. I'm a Doctor Who fan but rubber monsters is not the best way to reach an adult audience. Whatever happened to those things in the sewers anyway? If Starz had not picked it up CoE would have been the end of Torchwood and that would have been a shame. I believe the US and UK versions of Miricle Day ate slightly different as well, UK version has toned down gore while the US version has less references to the previous series. Seeing a guy blown up on a table, that was gory but quite tame compared to Walking Dead and other shows. In the US we refer to a block of episodes as a season probably because sports are recognized the same way. Like you'd have a season of baseball but Star Trek TNG in it's entirety would be a series and DS9 would be another series.

18. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    "Well, Get back to work."

Easily among the best scenes of the series. Even if it made me want to throw up a little :p

19. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Whatever you say.

I enjoyed all of the Torchwood episodes. In terms of comedic, mindless violence with an alien twist, it's good. I was never really one for the story.

You think the episodes are different? Yeah, well we saw the blown up guy on the table (with his moving eyes) and stuff, so if you can name any scene I haven't seen then I will believe you.

So are there normally only one series of a show? That can't be right surely because they're given time to continue the story. Don't they call it season 2 or whatever which is basically the same as a series here.

20. Spamcan

I can't confirm that the show is tweaked for each side of the pond because I've only been watching the US versions so far but that's what I read. I've enjoyed all of torchwood but like I said the earlier episodes just weren't very strong IMO. Series is only considered the entire run if a show over here. The term "series fanale" means the very last episode of a show ever in the US otherwise it would be a season fanale.