Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    The most troubling moment for me is I get only 5 runes to spend and the Central Row (or I just it the table) offers nothing but either monsters or others costs more than 5, or put it this way, there is not card I can move there. I always think getting one mystic and one heavy is not a good option.

2. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Celeric!

Thanks for the butt whoopins! I've been in the corner, in the fetal position, the last few days, just licking my wounds. I'm reading a lot of important tips from everyone here. A little bit o' time and a few more several hours of playing, and I'll be on par. Thanks for the challenge!

3. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Wow cprloe, that was the worst beating I've recieved from you. You've gotten a lot better - I used to beat you most of the time, but not any more. Seems we're about even now.

Got a question though - when you started the next game, did you use the Rematch button or create a new game? Because when I was trying to look through the results, after the first tap on the screen, it cleared away as if I had tapped on the done button. And then when I went to accept the new game, there was no Accept button. I've seen this happen before too. I'm wondering if the Rematch feature has some bugs...

4. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    And the first two rounds can be key especially when playing against somebody who makes little mistakes (e.g. celeriac and camzy from TA)

5. bigwinnerx

bigwinnerx Member

Sep 20, 2010
    If anyone is starting up any games, feel free to add me. I'm on here at NeoGAF.

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Thanks for the extreme beatdown that was our last session, Emos! :)

7. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Die you Change Nick?

8. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Been some fun games ;) yeah that one just seemed to click for me on all cylinders, grabbing the all seeing eye, defeating the Fallen and grabbing lidless eye within 5 turns is very rare...

9. Tommi654

Tommi654 Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    After nearly 400 online games i still experience something new and fresh in every game.
    My favorite moments in the last 3 days:

- defeating samael with avatar of the fallen who was defeated by adayu in one epic turn in turn 4 or 5 followed by aquiring some 5 and 6 power monsters who then fought by my side
    - more than 20 points with lifebound heroes in a single turn (dandelion witch, flytrap witch, great omen raven, lifebound initiate, lunar stag, nairi henge queen-supercombo)
    - winning a game without aquiring a single Heavy Infantry or Mystic

Ascension really is epic. Definitely needs more spotlight on the frontpage. It was my ios game of the year for sure.

10. kitkeat

kitkeat Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    couldn't have agreed more... now without sounding greedy, more expansion for iOS app wouldn't hurt as well.
    Until Apple implements chat functionality in Gamecenter... pls pls pls pls pls.. add in game chat function. That would greatly benefit the discussion in game as well.
    This is the one game I won't delete from my device at all.

11. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Those are great moments.

Draw a Hedron Cannon out of my discard pile with reclamax. Used it to get an extra card off combustion idol, hit an avatar which hit a samael then acquire the reclamax.

Get an Adayu off the board with runes courtesy of Serpentcall, and put it top of my deck (stone circle). Use all-seeing eye to pick it up, and acquire a hedron cannon!

12. kitkeat

kitkeat Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    dejavu... :p i hate that moment...

13. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA

Thanks for the kind words. I still have too many games going at a time, but it's hard for me to say no. :)

I have been trying to pay more attention to both my own strategy and that of my opponents. And you're right about our matches. You beat me nearly every time early on, but I have been holding my own more often lately. You are definitely one of my tougher opponents.

And to answer your question, I used Rematch.

14. CroRock

CroRock Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Croatia
    I bought this game yesterday and can't put it down!

But one thing really bugs me... Push notifications. They don't work for me.
    Sometimes I recieve badge on app icon but never get notification for my turn. And all is set right in notification options.

15. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    If i have a game going on with anyone, I will not be able to finish the game as I am out of town this week, and my daughter has taken over my ipad2 to sate her addiction to order & chaos.

16. CroRock

Feb 20, 2011
    Croatia
    #1596 CroRock, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
    Aaaaaaaa!!! :mad:
    Developers if you are reading this forum, PLEASE, PLEASE fix this push notifications, please!!! I already payed you 5+3 dollars and I would pay you 8$ more if you get this done!

This game is so much fun and is well made but it would be even better if you fix that bug or whatever it is.

17. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    That's been around since it launched, it is no where near as bad as the notifications in disc drivin though. I just check mine every day to see if I need to make a turn.

18. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Yes, the notification here is half-broken and no where near as great as Carcassonne, but if you take this game seriously, it will become a habit to check-in once a while to see any return. I have adequate people to play with to keep me motivated...

What this game seriously need is a chat system and other things...

19. skarsnik

skarsnik Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Singapore
    Well it's back to work for me after the holiday season of Dec - so I'll be a lot slower in getting my turns in, with most of the play time during the evening. :)

Happy new year to all!

20. CroRock

Feb 20, 2011
    Croatia
    I check for moves every hour or so. Thats not problem.. Problem is if notifications would work like it should there should be big chances to continue playing "live" with opponent. If you know what I mean. Like in Kard Combat. When someone makes move I get gc notification and play my move right away and in most times we continue playing till we finish game.