Music composer ready to work on a project

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by drumadima, Oct 17, 2009.

1. drumadima

drumadima Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Hi all!
    My name is Dmitry Selipanov, im a music composer for films & tv / multi instrumentallist from Moscow,Russia.
    The reason im writing this is because lately i've developed interest in writing original music for iPhone apps/games and thought that this is a good place to start.Im sorry-i dont know, if this should be posted in here and i really hope that nobody gets offended. But hear goes :)
    I would like to tell a few words about myself. I have had 12 years of professional classical training in the Moscow Gnessin school of music and currently im on my 5th year at the Moscow P.I.Tchaikovsky conservatoire with my specialities being composition,piano and percussion. Throughout the last year i have scored music for 3 movies 1 of wich will be shown on the 1st channel of russian television this fall,written music for an international food forum (wich was also featured on their website),music for theatre etc. My musical influences are very broad,ranging from classical to many many contemporary genres (both electro and acoustic).
    Im looking for a creative project with an interesting idea/concept,maybe a game etc. If you feel interested please pm me or answer in this thread and i'll be happy to send a little demo track of my music to you.
    P.S. If you guys know any other places i would want to post this at,please recommend some.
    Thanks a lot for you time and good luck to you all!
    -Dmitry

2. EssentialParadox

EssentialParadox Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    UK / Toronto
    Hey Dmitry, congratulations on your success. Do you have any demos of your music online for us to listen to? :)

3. drumadima

drumadima Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Hey there,thanks for your words and interest.im currently building my website wich i hope should be up in a week.i have tons of demo material and a demo track wich is a mix of short pieces from different works of mine.i will be more than happy to send some material to you if you'd provide me with an email.otherwise i could upload a track to rapidshare and post the link here.
    Thanks ahain for your interest.

4. EssentialParadox

Sep 21, 2009
    UK / Toronto
    Good… Post back when you have a link we can listen to :) Website or rapidshare, I don't mind, personally.

5. drumadima

drumadima Member

Oct 17, 2009
    ok,here goes :)
    I've uploaded a demo track wich consists of short pieces taken from some of my works. This is not to be considered as a polished work,but rather a demo. Had to keep the bitrate low in order to make the file smaller. There is tons of material i would be willing to show in very different genres,but i had to make a single 'demo' wich has short pieces of different styles so you'd get an idea of my artistic profile. If you feel interested,please feel free to ask for more,complete pieces of a particular style,ill be happy to show more of my work.
    Here's the link : http://rapidshare.com/files/294588963/musicmix.mp3
    hope you enjoy. Once again,thanks for your interest

6. EssentialParadox

Sep 21, 2009
    UK / Toronto
    I'd say you're probably one of the better music composers to post on these forums, Dmitri. Sadly I can't put you to any use yet, but I've bookmarked you for future reference. In the mean time, good luck on finding a project here!

Another place I'd suggest where they may be able to use your talents would be http://www.idevgames.com/forum/

…and I'd even suggest http://www.dvxuser.com - which is a filmmaking forum. :)

7. drumadima

drumadima Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Wow..thanks a lot for such a kind response and words! Im really glad you've enjoyed the music. I hope that there will be an opportunity for a partnership in the future in the mean time thanks a lot for the suggested links! Good luck to you and may your projects always succeed :))
    Anyone else could give my music a listen here,guys?