Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. CroRock

CroRock Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Croatia
    And yes... Chat is a must here. If nothing, you could set playtime with opponent to play few games in a row.

2. Ashraam

Ashraam Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2010
    France
    What about an update of the Ascension's review (considering the release of RotF) ?

3. CroRock

CroRock Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Croatia
    +1 to that! It's more like 4.5 or 5 now then 3.5 for initial release review. And 4.5 is just for notifications ;)

4. tecwrtr

tecwrtr Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    And is it too early to start asking about a Storm of Souls release date? ;)

5. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA

This applies to me as well. As much as I would like to play Ascension all day, I'm not good enough to get paid for doing so. Most of my moves during the work week will be early morning and then in the evening.

6. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Add me to the list of people whos work schedule will interfere with playing Ascension! I'll get my turns in during early mornings, lunch break then evenings...

7. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Isn't it normal?
    My moves will be erratic (in time) as kids take evenings and morning ..

8. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Add me as Brimah on GC, pretty new but love to learn :D

9. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    A chat function would be so nice as I know, in my many games with Emos so far, I'll have time for several turns in a row and then, boom, something comes up and I have to take care of business. Even the most basic chat options would allow me to say something like, "BRB" or even, "Catch you tomorrow night if I get a chance."

There are so many new powerful cards from the expansion that I clearly see what they do on their own but have yet to really think of clever combinations to use them in.

10. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Nairi with Twofold Askara give 10 points in a round, every time you use the combo. It is pure awesomeness, come to think about it...

11. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Some may find I have turned down some invitations these days, my hands are pretty much full and I need more concentration. :D I promise I will rotate my game list and return later.

Poll:

1. What is the largest amount of power you throw onto the table in one round, ever?

2. What is the largest amount of rune you throw onto the table in one round, ever?

12. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I'm not a huge fan of Nairi unless you can Lifebound combo or have a really small hand. It works independently.

Independent cards (Druids, Templar, Nairi, Eternal Askara) are tricky to use well, and acquired too early (Druids especially!), will result in deck stagnation.

13. skarsnik

skarsnik Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Singapore
    For combos, I prefer to base them around constructs of some form so I can reliably do them every turn rather than wait for (or draw) the right combination of cards. E.g.

1. Stone Circle + Raven
    2. Serpent Call + Black Hole + Deathseeker = 3 points every turn (recall and banish deathseeker)

14. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    #1614 currymutton, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
    IMHO, I think with the introduction of RotF, it favors small hands even more than before and banishing, as a form of speeding up the cycle, is more important than before. The optimized version of Arbiter of the Precipice, Arbiter of Fate, is even more valuable to acquire it in early rounds.

OTOH, banishing as a form of deterrence is less effective when your opponent can now raise cards from the Void.

Personally, at the cost of six, I prefer Nairi, unless there are some delicious constructs lying around. But I tend to agree that I don't find that Eternal Askara too high a cost and that really effective.

Serpent Call is quite powerful if used right, but I am not so sure with the Project Alpha. It is like that Sadranis, high cost, award good points in the end, it is a nice to have but not a trump.

My $.02.

15. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Two isn't that great. Because when recalled drops into discard pile not into hand. Not readily replicable.

16. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Hate Sadranis. I'd pick 6 mana constructs over it almost every time unless I'm winning by a load already. I've lost games and beaten loads of people who use Sadranis.

I think Sadranis and Eternal Askara are two of the weakest cards. Eternal Askara can really suck if the center row is rune heavy, and the fact it operates independently also makes it difficult to use effectively, but it's end game value kind of makes up for it.

Sadranis just sucks. It should really be 7-5. It also sucks that you have to use its void banish ability right away. Why can't they just give the option whenever it's played like Serpentcall?

17. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    There are no 2 views on Sadranis, but I suspect Project Alpha is more or less like this one.

18. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh, for the poll:

1. Power: 21 (the Orange AI was asleep)
    2. Rune: 10 (can't recall when)

19. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Project Alpha has won me matches before, and its high end game value makes it really useful. You can get free points and control the center row with it.

I won a match end game by a single point by picking a 6 rune unit with Alpha.

20. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    As I say, it is a nice to have or the nail to the coffin (or whatever), but getting it alone, without an army of constructs on hand, may not win you the game.