SolaRola by Square Enix->Free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Might not be free yet; if not, it should be soon.

SolaRola

“a fabulously compelling physics platformer.”, Keith Stewart, Hookshot Inc.

“It's well designed, clever, and it…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

“It's well designed, clever, and it plays brilliantly.” 8/10 Pocket Gamer

The award-winning out of this world puzzle-platformer comes to the App Store!

Houston, we have a bloblem...SolaRola stars Wiz and Waz, the game’s blob-like gung-ho duo, tasked with bouncing across a number of challenging planets with the ultimate aim of saving the galaxy.

SolaRola for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch has been fully redeveloped to offer players brand new cartoon-style graphics and enjoyable, intuitive touch and tilt-based controls.

Key Features:
    • Challenging planets to explore and survive
    • Realistic physics-based gameplay
    • Touch and tilt-based controls

More about SolaRola:
    With each planet inhabited by all manner of enemies and hazards, the player must navigate Wiz and Waz across a number of ill-positioned obstacles including rocks, slime, bombs and trampolines. Both are susceptible to the planets’ gravity, so items must be strategically placed to guide them past the many obstructions and creatures that patrol the environments. As the game progresses, so the creatures get more aggressive, while the addition of volcanic worlds and razor-sharp hazards are a constant threat to the future of blobkind.

Discover more great mobile games from Square Enix and great deals, plus the latest game updates, tips, and more!

VISIT US: www.square-enix.com/eu/en/
    FOLLOW US: www.twitter.com/Square_Enix_EU
    LIKE US: www.facebook.com/SquareEnix
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Family, Puzzle
    Release:Jul 26, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

i've forgotten again...is the appinfo modifier "full" or "all" ?

2. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    It's coming through free in the US store. I don't know if it was there before it went free, but there is a small ad in the menu screens.

3. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    "All" will show description.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I loved this game. Pretty good physics platformer. Highly recommended for free! :)

5. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Do you have to hear all the time "wee" "wee" when you are jumping or not? It's too frustrating! :mad:

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Not frustrating... irritating. But that is the only flaw i can find in the game.

7. beelzebub23

beelzebub23 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    The controls are very bad, when I jump it feels almost like I have to force him :(

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Just fair warning -- I deleted it so I can't remember the exact number -- but this blows up to something like 165 MB.

9. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    #9 nightc1, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012

Just looked... 192MB.

Dang.

Edit: Adding Appinfo stuff...

SolaRola

TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

Houston, we have a bloblem...SolaRola stars Wiz and Waz, the game’s blob-like gung-ho duo, tasked with bouncing across a number of challenging planets with the ultimate aim of saving the galaxy.

SolaRola for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch has been fully redeveloped to offer players brand new cartoon-style graphics and enjoyable, intuitive touch and tilt-based controls.

Key Features:

More about SolaRola:
    With each planet inhabited by all manner of enemies and hazards, the player must navigate Wiz and Waz across a number of ill-positioned obstacles including rocks, slime, bombs and trampolines. Both are susceptible to the planets’ gravity, so items must be strategically placed to guide them past the many obstructions and creatures that patrol the environments. As the game progresses, so the creatures get more aggressive, while the addition of volcanic worlds and razor-sharp hazards are a constant threat to the future of blobkind.

Discover more great mobile games from Square Enix and great deals, plus the latest game updates, tips, and more!

Information
    Seller:
    Version:

10. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    definitely going to give this a try.

I have really fond memories of the original java one which I played years back. Unfortunately they don't seem to have kept the same look.

11. SolaRola

TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

Key Features:

More about SolaRola:

Information
    Seller:
    Version:

Appinfo=all to force first post to show a description

12. Dang, have to be on the first page to force appinfo=all, almost made it.

13. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    This worth making space for?

14. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ha, bought this a week ago, played the first three levels and then deleted it. For free, it's worth checking out, but I was hoping for more coming from Square...=o/

15. All please. :)

16. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    What? Nothing to do with the first page (page is relative anyway, number of posts per page can be changed in preferences). Wherever you post appinfo, that's where it appears. Greyskull has to add =all to his post to show the description.

17. Nah, if you do it on the first page, it will force the first post to change and show the description. It does work.

18. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Sometimes, but that's a bug. Used to be able to post multiple app info simultaneously. For months now it's been broken. Only one will display, and sometimes, but not always, have traits of the other. For instance if someone posts appinfo for a game, and another person for the lite version, you may see the description of the lite over the link for the full. That's the only reason that could work sometimes, and I hope they fix it some day.

19. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL

I edited my post on the first page. I guess it worked? I don't know.

How is it that some threads when viewed in the TA App have the app description above the thread itself with the link to itunes? The links themselves with the AppInfo=ALL deal don't show through the actual App.

Strange.

It would be nice if all game threads like this had the info for those of us that are sometimes visiting through the actual app for the site. The links show when viewed in Safari on my iphone though... it just is kind of nice to use the actual app for this site.

20. Yuppers, fully agree.

This game is much better than I thought. The graphics really look good on my new ipad, and it has a lot of polish to the game.

The game is a platform game like Wimp, but it is a little slower paced which some people might not like. But I think it is nice, cool looking graphics, and seems to be fun.

Highly recommended!