Review time?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by squidgyjelly, Apr 25, 2013.

1. squidgyjelly

squidgyjelly Active Member

Apr 1, 2013
    kitchen
    What is the current review time approx for a little game?

2. opsive

opsive Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
  3. It's been about 5 days recently for me and a bit faster than I have normally experienced.

4. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    5-6 days then it will go into "in review" which takes anywhere between 20 mins to 24 hours seems to be quite random and they review over the weekend too.

most apps pass ive never had one that failed and ive done it around ten times

5. Appvism

Appvism Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    UK
    Yup, my first i've submitted an app and it took roughly 6 days or thereabouts. As a first timer, i can now understand the feeling amongst others regarding the length of time Apple takes to review an app. I gather that if i need to update the app, i need to go through the whole (waiting time) process again?

So my app - a kids abc app - is "Ready for sale". I've changed the release date to today, does anyone know how long it now takes before its live? Maybe 24 hours?...

Cheers,

6. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    if you schedule it for a set day at 12 midnight it usually comes out very soon after that (within an hour), if you just click it live its very random its a bit random could be 1 hour could be 24. i would except to see it in around 2 hours though

7. opsive

opsive Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    That's correct.

8. My last update took 9 days.. it varies really. My other ones took between 6 and 7 days.

The best way to mitigate this (if you plan on being an active updater) is to have your next update ready to go in your dev cycle the moment the current one is approved.

9. cryptid

cryptid Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Code Monkey
    San Francisco, CA
    A new app took me approx 1 week. A recent update to an existing one took about 3 days.

10. squidgyjelly

squidgyjelly Active Member

Apr 1, 2013
    kitchen
    OK

Thanks all

Well I have a bit dodgy thing with some cartoony graphics with maple leaves on the people if you know what I mean

I hope its approved
    I suppose there is a big publish button in Itunes when the app IS approved?

11. Kafu

Kafu Well-Known Member