Universal Runewards [BETA] - Gwent Like Fantasy Strategy Card Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by FredBear Games, Sep 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FredBear Games

FredBear Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Dec 1, 2014
    Publisher
    UK
    #1 FredBear Games, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    Hello Touch Arcaders

We would like to bring you some details on an upcoming CCG strategy card game on iOS due for release near the end of 2017 - Runewards

We are currently looking for beta testers to help with bug finding, gameplay feedback, balancing etc so if you are interested in the beta please let us know here on the forum or sign up using the form here:

https://goo.gl/dQ6C6R

RUNEWARDS

[​IMG]

== GAME DESCRIPTION ==

Runewards is a free-to-play competitive strategy card game set in a fantasy themed world that allows players to battle one against another. Runewards is a game about strategy, about bluffing and about out-smarting your opponent.

In Runewards, players can play solo versus A.I. or other players in Unranked or Ranked Matches. Each player begins with 10 cards, containing Spells, Units and a Hero. The Player with the highest Power value at the end of the round wins.

Players can also compete in Seasonal Leagues, where reaching higher Leagues will reward the player with gifts (Chests, Cards, Gold and Runes) depending on what position they finished at the end of the Season.

Players will be able to increase their Deck Collection simply by playing the game. They can also earn cards by completing daily Quests, which reward Gold – The currency that is being used in the game to purchase chests. Chests contain cards that can be added to your Deck Collection.

If you want to succeed, you will need more than just playing the game, you will need to outplay your opponent!

== GAME INFO ==

The game board where you will play against other players is called Battlefield. The Battlefield is composed of three lanes (shown in brick-mortar composition) per player called Territories, all of which is based on unit card's Affiliation.

The Territories play a crucial part of Runeward's gameplay because many cards, spells and heroes can affect them in a variety of ways.
    On the right part of the screen you have the Heroes which you can pick when you make your deck. There are several heroes for every army in the game.

Cards: Runewards has three types of cards: Heroes, Units and Spells.

== LINKS ==

PressKit: https://www.runewards.com/PressKit/press-kit.html
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Runewards/

We are also soon to be holding an early access beta test that can be signed up using the link below: https://goo.gl/dQ6C6R

== VIDEOS ==

Trailer:

Gameplay:

== PROMO IMAGES ==

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

== SCREENSHOTS ==

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking and if you have any questions please just let us know and we will look to post more info here soon.

2. skrrra

skrrra New Member

Sep 29, 2017
    Looking forward it! I hope i can play it soon :)
    I filled out the form, my email adress is [email protected]

3. FredBear Games

Patreon Gold

Dec 1, 2014
    Publisher
    UK
    Thanks for all the sign ups so far, much appreciated! The first batch of Testflight emails should be with you now with more to follow.

We are still open for more testers for sign up so if you are interested please do just sign up.

If there are any animal lovers out there then we have a nice Rhino wallpaper for you :)

[​IMG]

4. Armadi

Armadi Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2016
    I playtested a bit this morning. Great production values! Very similar to Gwent, but optimized for mobile play.

Ran into a couple bugs with quests.

My first quest was play 5 units iirc. I completed it and it showed that I gained 50 gold as a reward, then the game wanted me to open a chest with the gold. However when buying the chest it stated "not enough gold" and I couldn't do anything else because the game wanted me to buy the chest. I had to restart.

After restart I had a new quest "play 3 spells" which worked correctly, then I received a "win a single player game" quest which also completed successfully. But then I got a "play 12 units" quest, which I completed but did not receive the reward.

So far just 2 bugged quest rewards, otherwise no problems- but those bugged quests are frustrating.

5. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    Just signed up for beta, looking forward to trying this out.

6. FredBear Games

Patreon Gold

Dec 1, 2014
    Publisher
    UK
    Thanks for the nice comments Armadi. :)

And we appreciate the feedback and these bugs have been logged and will be resolved shortly. Great stuff (Not the bugs obviously, the feedback!).

7. FredBear Games

Patreon Gold

Dec 1, 2014
    Publisher
    UK
    We hope you are all enjoying the beta and thank you for the feedback we have received so far.

We would like to begin to explain in brief some of the elements of the game.

First up:

The Battlefield

[​IMG]

The game board where you will play against other players is called Battlefield.

The Battlefield is composed of three lanes (shown in brick-mortar composition) per player called Territories, all of which is based on unit card's Affiliation - more detail in the card section below.

The Territories play a crucial part of Runeward's gameplay because many cards, spells and heroes can affect them in a variety of ways.

On the right part of the screen you have the Heroes which you can pick when you make your deck. There are several heroes for every army in the game.

Lets move to the Pass button which is located between the heroes Power values.

When pressing Pass during a game you will end your actions for the round, as you will not be able to replace any more cards on battlefield, use spells or activate Hero's abilities.

Pass button can be used for multiple reasons; from leading ahead in total Power value on battlefield, saving your cards for the next round, having no more cards in your hand, bluffing, or calling out on your enemy bluff.

A lot of the game is reading your opponent and planning your strategies accordingly.

8. FredBear Games

Patreon Gold

Dec 1, 2014
    Publisher
    UK
    Next up cards.

Cards:

Runewards has three types of cards: Heroes, Units and Spells.

1. Heroes

[​IMG]

Each player may only use a hero ability once per a game. They are either powerful single-use Active abilities or weaker continuous Passive abilities - more details in the Abilities section below.

2. Units

[​IMG]

The unit card frame has several elements:

A. Power is located on the upper left corner - Each Unit card is assigned a Power value. The winner is the player with the highest Power value at the end of the round.
    B. Affiliation is located on the upper right corner of the card and it indicate the place on the lane the card is placed. Some units have the special ability to grant Power bonus to those who share the same Territory as they do.
    C. Rarity of the card is shown by the icon of the eye in the bottom-center of the frame.

Cards are stronger than others depending on the rarity, getting more powerful abilities and higher Power value. The rarity order of cards is: Basic, Rare, Unique and Mythical.

D. Abilities are the centerpiece of the game. They can change the game in a variety of ways and are crucial to a player's strategies. Some abilities can increase or reduce Power values but other can do a lot more.

In Runewards there is three types of Abilities:

Passive, Active and Battle Formation.

Active Abilities:

Active abilities are triggered immediately, affecting either the Battlefield, Territory or Unit

[​IMG]

The Marksman is a basic Human card. When used on the battlefield, he may grant any other unit +1 Power. Since the effect is happening immediately, this is a targeted Active ability.

Passive Abilities:

Passive abilities effects are usually less powerful than Active abilities but remains for the entire round, making them stronger in the long run.

[​IMG]

Firemancer is another basic card with a Passive ability that make it more powerful if your enemy uses spells during the game.

Firemancer initial Power value of 2 make her fairly weak initially but if the enemy player decides to use spell card against you, as they will have a much bigger threat as the game progresses. This requires the opposing player to calculate if the benefit of using the spell outweigh the bonus the Firemancer card will receive.

Additionally, abilities are often unique to the Army they belong.

Battle Formation:

[​IMG]

Battle Formation cards allows the player to use multiple choices from the same card, depending on the situation and the strategy of the player.

This type of card is rarer in the game due to the versatility it can bring to the battlefield but nonetheless they can be crucial part of your deck's repertoire.

Runewards have 3 Armies: Humans, Monsters and Nature.

[​IMG]

The fourth Army is Mercenaries and can be used with conjunction with the other 3 playable Armies.

3. Spells

[​IMG]

The third type of card in the player's deck are Spells. These cards have no Power value but can affect Units, Territories or the entire Battlefield in several different ways.

Next up Deck Builder....

9. FredBear Games

Patreon Gold

Dec 1, 2014
    Publisher
    UK
    Deck Builder:

[​IMG]

The Deck Builder allows you to pick and choose cards based on the Army type you have selected.

As stated before in this article there are 3 Armies in the game; Monsters, Humans, Nature - Each with its own unique spells and units.

Mercenaries being the fourth and only Units in the game have cards every player can pick and play in their deck.

Multiplayer Gameplay:

[​IMG]

The Multiplayer window allows the player to pick which deck you want to play, shows you how many cards you have in that deck, and a Power estimation of the deck based on existing Units/Spells.

In later part of the development, you will be able to choose the type of match you would like to play; Unranked and Ranked games. Unranked and Ranked games will be linked to leagues and you will receive rewards based on what you rank and position you finish with at the end of each season.

[​IMG]

There are plans to add Tournament mode and much more in future expansions once main game is completed and play tested. Runewards will be continuously update and expanded on with new features, card sets, and surprises!

The Runewards Team is very excited and hopes you will share our enthusiasm!

As our Innkeeper loves to say.

"Welcome, Welcome Runeseeker! Ready to share an adventure with me?"

10. playplayfun

playplayfun Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2015
    Please note that Runewards Strategy Card Game has soft-launched in several countries:

1. Brazil
    2. India
    3. Ireland
    4. Israel
    5. Netherlands
    6. Philippine
    7. Portugal
    8. Taiwan
    9. Ukraine

Please give it a try!

[​IMG]